Slow Year?

Absolutely, Dimit, I couldn't agree more regarding the Ruskies. Both were great guys to work with, and again, you are right, they both had awesome attitudes. Where can we find guys that are equally qualified locally? I'll bet there are few Canadian or even American pilots with the training and depth of experience those two came here with. I think Delta scored a real coup to get both of them. Air Crane, Helifor or VIH Logging will be interested in these guys.

Oh well. You've dunnit now D!ck ! D & K are gonna get big heads now with all these compliments. Have to agree, working with these guys has been most enjoyable. And yes they can put the vodka down, especially when they're together and they hook up with other Russkies ! :wacko:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Student holiday working visa.

Its a program set up between most commonwealth contries for people under 30. In canada it's 2yrs long with no work restrictions. Takes a few hours to fill out and cost peanuts. In Oz and NZ its 1yr and you can only work for half of that. Is that fair, if i go to oz i can only pic fruit, while the true blue oz can fly here for 2yrs full time, get experience and leave. I wish i could go to oz for 2yrs and work full time at a professional job, with a working holiday visa. Canada really is a door mat when it comes to this stuff.

Wow this topic never goes anywhere good. All i can say is it is a very shallow, ignorant and prejudice statement when you paint all foreign pilots with the same brush. As a check pilot for a large company i can say with confidence there are many foreign pilots that can fly, and should be employed over some Canadians with similar experience levels. They are safe, adaptable and good with customers. Now that being said there are some bad ones that have slipped through, but guess what? There are a terrifying number of bad Canadian pilots too.

Now comes my point. I THINK A SLOW YEAR IS A GOOD THING!!!!

It allows us to trim the fat. To weed out and get rid of some of the "Seatmeat" or "Warmbodies" that most companies have had on payroll so they don't have to park equipment due to labour shortages. Foreign or Homegrown is not the debate here. Talent, skill levels and attitudes are what should make or break a pilots career. Come on people get off your soapboxes, everyday we deal with people's lives and property. Should we not be trying to make this industry safer instead of making us all sound the same over the radio.

Well that's my rant, and if I'm wrong and we do have to grab our pitchforks and torches to chase out all the "Funny Talkers", then does that mean we get to chase all the Quebecers home too?

Ha ha, couldn't resist, sorry

Almost all of the criticism here is being generated by low time guys looking to generate ANY possible employment. I too have worked with many foreign pilots. We all get along really well, the skills are there, and that's what a check pilot and OP/Marketing guy needs. Life is tough, you knew it was going to be hard breaking in, but it is a business, not a God given vocation. (I like the French guys too, by the way!) Older guys meld and blend easier. It's a fact, simple as that.

Student holiday working visa.

Its a program set up between most commonwealth contries for people under 30. In canada it's 2yrs long with no work restrictions. Takes a few hours to fill out and cost peanuts. In Oz and NZ its 1yr and you can only work for half of that. Is that fair, if i go to oz i can only pic fruit, while the true blue oz can fly here for 2yrs full time, get experience and leave. I wish i could go to oz for 2yrs and work full time at a professional job, with a working holiday visa. Canada really is a door mat when it comes to this stuff.

Not sure about NZ'ers getting 2 years here, as far as I know (unless it has changed this year), they only get a 1 year work permit. And it is a one off, you don't get it again.

I can't speak for the Ozies or Poms/Limeys.

Dunno what you lot are on about. Like Old Bull most of us are here to take your women. We just need a job to pay for all the Gin and Sushi they eat.

Canadian chicks ROCK and they love the accent, the good manners, insightful conversation, superior intelligence and our huge...

PAYCHECKS...

...cause apparently we don't pay tax.

Just some ramblings on foreigners...

How many people come to Canada, go through the visa and immigration processes (no simple procedure) and then go on to become permanent residents or citizens and add to and enhance Canadian society? I believe that most of the foreign pilots spoken about here likely do. When it comes to foreigners why just talk about pilots, what about accountants, engineers, doctors, nurses, surgeons, university professors, teachers etc. etc.

When I hear people complaining about, in effect, the immigration and visa system I always wonder what their thoughts are on Native Canadians. You see I wonder to myself, unless their family name rhymes with "running bear" or something even older, if they ever consider what their (or their family's) role is/was in the ongoing growth and development of our country and her people.

Next time you go to see your doctor, accountant, MP, etc. check the name tag. Even a rudimentary understanding of genealogy will likely reveal something interesting.

My name is McColm...I have never worked or even lived in either Scotland nor Ireland...and I am Canadian.

I admire you Canadian men standing by your fellow Canadian pilots in aviation. Seems like you guys are just trying to look out for one another. Nothing wrong with Comradeship.

Good Photoshop work :punk:

I guess the give away in that picture is that fact that theres no gold bars "flashing" off the shoulders of the pilots! :shock: