Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

I'm Hooked

Hello-bird

I'll probably get beat up on here for saying this but I don't know if right now is the best time to be blowing a pile of money on training given the current markets and heli industry trends.

I don't think you'll get beaten up. I've been reading other posts, and following the concerns of many people on here... To be honest, I'm surprised you're the only one who's mentioned anything. Yours certainly is a valid point to consider. I've given myself a time line to research as much of the industry as possible throughout the following year. During which I can follow the state of the global economy at the same time. I appreciate that many people are currently struggling in this unfavorable weather of difficult times, and there are many concerns of times to come. The uncertainty is probably the worst part. And yet, somehow, opportunities will always still exist, even in the wake of difficult times. Seems important to be open, and remain optimistic (if at all possible) and seek creative solutions.

Thanks for your comment. It's greatly appreciated.

• 1 month later...
I don't think you'll get beaten up. I've been reading other posts, and following the concerns of many people on here... To be honest, I'm surprised you're the only one who's mentioned anything. Yours certainly is a valid point to consider. I've given myself a time line to research as much of the industry as possible throughout the following year. During which I can follow the state of the global economy at the same time. I appreciate that many people are currently struggling in this unfavorable weather of difficult times, and there are many concerns of times to come. The uncertainty is probably the worst part. And yet, somehow, opportunities will always still exist, even in the wake of difficult times. Seems important to be open, and remain optimistic (if at all possible) and seek creative solutions.

Thanks for your comment. It's greatly appreciated.

I guess it's my Irish luck, but I picked a low point to get started in F/W the late '60's.

Then I picked another low-point to get started in R/W in the early '70's.

Just hang in there, and you'll make it.

It's some kind of aviation Darwinian thing, I suspect.

ps See my other post to you.