Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Layoffs And More?

N1

Dude, get used to it!!!! Reading Slings posts are somewhat like trying to understand your buddies when they're drunk beyond belief and you're the designated driver. I have to read every one of his posts twice cause they make me laugh so hard!!!!

I find if I read Sling's posts while adding a really heavy French Canadian accent in my head he's actually not that hard to understand... :lol::lol::lol:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Although I do not like the thought of fellow pilots losing their jobs, nor do I want to see companies going out of business, our industry is in dire need of an "overhaul". There are countless operators in western Canada, especially in northern BC and AB, that are running around selling their jetdogs at $700/hour or even less. Why?! One operator has even been selling a new EC120 for $950.00/hour. There are simply too many operators and they are now going to start getting weeded out. It really is simple economics. When times were good, operators were springing up monthly with all new hardware. When the industry began to turn for the worse, they have become desparate. If you are selling your machines for $700/hour for a 206, but are doing large volumes of flying, you are probably fine. But if your volume drops, bills are going to be hard to pay. As operators drop off line, and even with the ones that survive, pilots are going to get weeded out as well. The demanding whiners that have had their way for the past few years are in for a rough haul. I have even had some of these whiners call looking for work- and I can't say that I was too upset at having to tell them to try somewhere else. There have been a lot of "less than adequate" pilots filling seats in this industry for the past few years. The economy is now separating the wheat from the chaff, just like any other industry. Fly safe everyone.

What about the schools? Are they informing their current batches of hopefuls about the current situation in the industry before they plunk down their cash? Remember, Great Slave shut down their school this fall, bracing for the spiralling down turn.

700 hours ladies and gents and hardly a day off since last christmas what's the big deal.........just get out there and work.....there's too many demands of working three and two's or three and three's then people wonder why they're having a tough go at making a buck...... 42 and 5 people get those snowmen in.

Cheers.........Hawkins.

Whoaaaa Hawk ou heli hoar. I guess if you can manage that on an onoing basis all th power to ya. I used to do that rotation years back when there were fewer guys chomping at the bit for hours.

Peronally I think that there should be a 50 mile navigation test for all new hires with no GPS. This way we can weed out 60-70 of all pilots and make lots jobs avialable for thos guys that actually navigate. Now that would be funny.

700 hours ladies and gents and hardly a day off since last christmas what's the big deal.........just get out there and work.....there's too many demands of working three and two's or three and three's then people wonder why they're having a tough go at making a buck...... 42 and 5 people get those snowmen in.

Cheers.........Hawkins.

Obviously single, or will be soon...

JD

Just Chomping away to the big times buddy and power to the single Guy it's more fun and all the toys you can buy dude haha........

But cheers to beers anyway buddy!!!

Nothing bad intended in my post, just an old timer's observation.

JD