Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

427 Position

north60

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It actually shouldn't be that bad for maintenance. The engines are sweet, and extremely reliable, the rotor is virtually maintenance free except for periodic balancing, the tranny is the nicest I've seen in any helicopter, simple electrical system, and the instrument panel is a combination of standard gauges and two flat screens.

I don't remember them as being hangar queens at all. They're like LongRangers - just hit the starter and go.

interesting question...how does a pilot/engineer strobe his machine (with safety in mind of course)?

They use the RADS system, not a Strobex. It has an optical tracker, and certainly doesn't need two people. I used to do it by myself all the time at Bell.

Jeez guys, it's not like the thing is on seismic - one decent p/e working out of a nice clean hangar should be able to handle both duties on a corporate machine. Provided they are paying suitable money, and don't try to go on the cheap, they'll get that person.

Almost makes me wish I had an AME ticket.