Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

427 Position

north60

Stealth, I am not looking for a P**** match, nor have I said that you're blowing smoke, or any of the other issues you brought up.

You seem to be worked up about the issue, and I'm trying to figure out why.

I'm saying that the NS company has the right to do what ever they choose.

If the workload is too much for one person, then they'll suffer the consequences and have to deal with it. If the successful cantidate bites off more than he/she can chew, it's their problem to deal with. One would expect a multi-million $$ company to value the safety of their senior exec's over a few '000 extra $$$'s ??

I expect that Bell will be all over this aircraft, being one of the first placed in Canada, support will not be an issue here. I'd expect that you'll have to beat off the Bell Tech Reps with a big stick !

You say you are not a P/E and are not in the running? The logical thought that I come up with is is that you wish to be, and would like these guys to consider 2 persons, a P and an E?

You comment on what the salary should be, that is up to them and the prospective employee, some will work for peanuts to get a chance like this, others will look at it realistically and demand what it's worth.

My thoughts on the subject are:

If they don't pay, they won't get experience..

If they want unreasonable work hours or days worked, they wont get experience.

They need people to run this aircraft. Depending on hours flown, a P/E is only going to be doing basic routine maintenance, ie AD's, 25 hrs, the odd Phase, they WILL need contract maintenance also, and somehow, they will need another pilot in the system. (like hire RH on his days off ???)

You are correct that I have no idea who you are or what your experience level is.....same goes for you, you just have no idea who you're dealing with or what I have done.

I never said that this was a "Rose colored" job, it may be one of the toughest jobs going, I don't know what they expect or what they intend to do with this aircraft.

again, it's all up to them to filter through the applicants and choose the best one for the job, and that's what they'll do.

As several guys have posted, we have a great forum here, so no need to sling mud, nor P***, post your thoughts based on your experience, and we'll read them.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

" If the workload is too much for one person, then they'll suffer the consequences and have to deal with it. "

I'm not sure if this is what stealthray is driving at, but I would be worried that the "they" in question might end up being the pilot and his passengers, and not the company as a whole, and they might end up suffering the all too severe consequences. I know that most guys going for this job will be on the very upper end of the hours/experience/knowledge scale, so hopefully a pilot put in a bad spot would have the ability and confidence to say NO and spend the night sleeping instead, but sadly we all know we don't live in a perfect world.

as always, just my very humble 1.5 cents.

tDawe

Rotorhead

Sounds like this 427 is going to be well suited for the environment,How?

I have been flying the east coast since 1978, for what it worth, that "VFR not IFR"

Well, if I was tasked with flying around a relatively flat province, possibly pushing dark. The 427 would be much better than a comparible single engine machine. Flying at night doesn't bother me in something that has a spare stove to back you up. I just spent the past few days in a simulator doing emergencies, at night IMC. I tell you, you will appreciate that only engine taking you home.

A few years ago, during my last few weeks flying a light, the engine flamed out on me high in the BC mountains but less than 300 feet agl, downwind with a big bulky load hanging on the longline. Does single engine flying bother me a little, yeah it does. But in a sick sort of way I do miss it some.

I'm just glad to see that some lucky driver/engineer out there will be getting his hands on something new.

RH

3BX2

NO, thank do not want the Job. if i did i would not be debating it in this forum. nor do i wish to be a P/E. I think either ot is fine,to each his owen. I'm for the betterment of the industry,therefore i think a person should do only one job. I think it great a company is putting new a/c in to service,but the more jobs the better. I wonder how many P/E flying fix wing this company has? or are advocating a double standard for rotor and fix wing.

I hope this makes my point clear

Rotorhead

it's great the a/c has a second stove and i agree with you night flying is beautiful and i enjoy it especilly in the winter months. But here is one for you.

a few years ago when i was flying in Quebec my customer wanted to get home in the worse way because his wife was having a baby, but that meant flynig at night. the weather was not all that great so i adviced against it. To make a long story short. The next morning on take-off the engine quit.

With all due respect...

I also am courious to know the reason for your thoughts about losing two engines on one flight?

I bet the thing ran out of fuel because the pilot / engineer was so wanked from doing two jobs he forgot to put fuel in it??? :up:

Reverend Chas W. pilot / mechanic / Man of the cloth.

Notice I hold three jobs. :down: