Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Haven't Been There.. No Shirt

Flinger

I had the opportunity to sit in on a vertical reference course last week. It was a great course that was also attended by a lot of the students where I work. One of the best parts of the course, and the part which brought up the most discussion in ground school later, was all the “Been there, Done that / Lessons Learned,” stories.

I’ve gone back through the site a little bit and I’ve been collecting some of the same type of stories from here. They’re great.

What I want to do, is gather as many of these types of stories as possible and have them for our ground school student’s benefit. Its better for them to learn from the mistakes of others. I’ve already passed on all my boo-boos and I’m out of first hand stories. ;)

Please PM me whatever you can or email them to c_s_smyth@hotmail.com.

Anonymously, if you like.

Upon completion, I’ll gladly share these with other ground school instructors or anyone else who might benefit.

Thanks in advance everyone.

Fling-Man, I hope you're getting more e-mails than responses here. When I first started editing Vortex, two and a half years ago, I asked for lessons-learned stories, with very little response - from a circulation of over 9000. Don't expect miracles here.

Shame, because they do tend to stick.

I would tell some stories but I am saving the real good ones for my book exposing the helicopter industry for what it is.

The excellent ones are classified till I am assured that the statute of limitations has run out out on various CARS violations.

The unbelievable ones have already been published in Penthouse letters.

No one ever believes my story about that barrel and pump anyway. :rolleyes: