Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Instrument Or Mountain Course

A mountain course or lots of hours or having pictures of a Chief pilot in a compromising position.

All of the above will work well together or individually. :lol:

Regards,

Max

I do not have any pictures or to many hours so it has to be mountain course then.

Super guys

Max, how do you get pics like that?

Strange question really... It all depends on what you want to do! A mountain course is not gong to help you in the IFR world if that is what you are interested in. And certainly an IFR is not going to really help in getting a job in the Western VFR market.

No way :wacko: Thought that you need an IFR ticket to fly in the mountains or was it a.......

Sorry, did not try to be rude but I do know that.

The dilemma is that I know some companies hire people with and IR ticket and 250 hours as SIC. I never wanted to fly a bus (no offense to dose brave man and woman flying this big one) but rather a "small" helicopter.

Thats why the question.

Lets try it this way. If you want to fly in the rock pile in Canada in a Jet box, Astar, 120, 204, 205, 500 etc... get the mtn course best training you will ever do (if you get the right course). If as you say you don't want to fly a bus... 212, 76, 61, 332, 92... don't bother with the IFR its a waste of time and it won't help you become a good mtn pilot all that much. Learning how to do a good contour crawl is not a big priority in the IFR world!

No need to get your tit in a ringer about my first reply, don't forget you asked for opinions in your original post, I just happened to give you one point of view.