Dry Camp

Hello everybody,

I was told today that my next tour will be in a camp. A dry camp!! What are you guys and girls do about that. I think I'm old enough to have a beer before supper,or a glass of wine

with my meal after a hard day of work!!

Don't you think we earned it?? :rolleyes:

Anything legal behind that? I don't know. But it s....!

Cheers,OLD_Astar

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello everybody,

I was told today that my next tour will be in a camp. A dry camp!! What are you guys and girls do about that. I think I'm old enough to have a beer before supper,or a glass of wine

Cheers,OLD_Astar

I feel your pain. Especially if it is a long tour. we have had problems with exessive boozeing in our camps and some are dry but pretty short tours so no big deal. Typical problem where one or two bad apples spoil it for the rest of us.

Cheers OLD

Hello everybody,

Cheers,OLD_Astar

No such thing as a "dry camp". Especially where helicopters are involved. :unsure:

Viva la resistance!!!

Ray drinking in your room again......... alone.

Drinking in woods, in the middle of no where with a bunch a guys..... seems kinda gay. ................"not that there's anything wrong with that"

who no's........mayby Bambi's gona come by...to play dirty things. :lol:

for me,the bush is not to bad, i use to reunite a couple of guy's in the tent, and than scared them all whith a game of "bush spirit psyco calling".

fun???....more than that.! :up:

i'll have a thought for you Ray.........have fun!

This topic came up in discussion with a few friends recently. Someone suggested "Bring a box or two or 26er bottles and sell them for at least double the original price.... on the day that you leave"

Might be bad advice though... I don't know. I'm still figuring out some of my own morals.

Dry Camp is another word for 'be discreet'.

Ray is right. very discreet. this all comes from the past years. not saying aircrews. but the work crews that you are flying are not showing up to work on time.(too hung over). fights break out.

So the Project companies just say no to booze. They are paying a lot of money for helicopters and workers to get the job done. I have seen aircrew being replaced because of violation. I've seen Helicopter companies replaced, or not invited back. Try explaining that to your company why his company just got booted off.

I'm not saying I don't carry. but man. be careful. Don't let anyone in camp know you are having a sipper in the evening.