Dry Camp

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dry Camp is another word for 'be discreet'.

Yes,I think that's the way to do it. But still, who as the right to tell me how to live my life?

( Right, my wife!! ) If somebody show up for work drunk, good, fire him. But a beer or 2

or a glass of wine with your meal? What's the big deal.

Anyway,maybe I will do like Elvis suggest. Tell my ops manager to find somebody else for the job.

Good night you all! OLD_Astar

Yes,I think that's the way to do it. But still, who as the right to tell me how to live my life?

( Right, my wife!! ) If somebody show up for work drunk, good, fire him. But a beer or 2

or a glass of wine with your meal? What's the big deal.

Anyway,maybe I will do like Elvis suggest. Tell my ops manager to find somebody else for the job.

Good night you all! OLD_Astar

A glass of wine with your meal out at camp? :lol: My friend, you are far more refined than I. (also more refined than Ray ;) )

I remember a stay in a dry camp in NWT. I was at the a/crew cabins when the caretaker emptied the garbage one day. Upon plopping the big green bag on the ground the sound of empty cans coupled with the effect of the protruding single malt bottle tops having poked there way out on impact was well pretty...dry. I did point out that all the cans and bottles were empty and therefore we had done our best to conform to the camps "dry" policy.

Fortunately quite a number of the camps policy makers shared in our nightly efforts so the issue didn't gain a whole lot of traction other than the caretakers future use of double garbage bags for our can. In case anyones thinking I'm a complete letch, in was a fairly large group and our can was not emptied that often, usually only after a couple of days of complaining about the bears...only fair under the circumstances.