Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Flight Pay "pool System"

offset

I have been having an issue with the flight pay system at my particular company. Curently its not a fair set up and I feel a pool system would be better over all. I am trying to do some research to put together a couple of alternatives to our current way of doing things. Management is content doing it the way they have always done "big surprise". I am looking for any information on companies that have a pool system that works for them in a medium to small company setting. I would really appreciate some input on this. I would rather call and talk to the DOM or PRM, in person to get the low down instead of just the witty remarks I usually read on this site. So the company names and the contact person would be great so I can follow up on the on the phone.

Its probaly a big waste of my time but I've come to the conclusion that if you can't make things better where you are your not going to find things are better elsewhere.

Thanks for any help you can provide

Sandy

Sandy;

Remember that association called "HEPAC", closed forum. One must be a paid up member to have access, That ia what it is there for, it's open to members only and I think you will find a few DOM's.

Cheers, Don

Hey Mac! talkin about hepac there, can you tell me if one day i will get contacted or somethin????

after a year or so, never heard of a forum or anything like that, never got a letter to renew membership.....nothin. And than, saw your last post responding to a guy, talking about a closed forum.......WTF...em i miising somthing here???

Can Mac or any folks help on that!?

The company I worked for has a weighted averaging system for their pooled flight pay.

How it works is each aircraft put x dollars into the pool for each hour flown I think the break down went like this.

Lights $25/hour

Intermediates $30/hour

Mediums $50/hour

The pool was dived up using the following formula

Apprentices recieved 1 share

Engineers with 1 endorsement 2 shares

Engineers with 2 or more endorsements shares.

So here's an example:

1 - Apprentice 1 share

1 - 206 engineer 2 shares

1 - 206 / as350 engineer 3 shares

Total shares 6 shares

$6000 in the pool

Each share is worth $1000

If you have any questions pm me

drkrider

Hey Mac! talkin about hepac there, can you tell me if one day i will get contacted or somethin????

after a year or so, never heard of a forum or anything like that, never got a letter to renew membership.....nothin. And than, saw your last post responding to a guy, talking about a closed forum.......WTF...em i miising somthing here???

Can Mac or any folks help on that!?

You need to go to the HEPAC's website, register if you are not already registered, sign in and then uses the forum and all.

JD

WHAT???

You mean I have to do that myself?? Isn't there anyone out there that would do it for me??

I mean, after all, I am pretty busy, reading and posting here.

Da*n industry. Do they treat everyone this way?

I should just quit.

(oh, oh, now you've done it...) :shock: :lol: