Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Whos Job Is It Anyways.

since there are some good old boys here and new guys trying to learn.

In a hanger inviroment. If there is hanger maintenance, shelves, or getting equipment ready for the winter. winter is coming. If pilots and engineers are paid for the days work either full time or are at the hanger pool. and there is some stuff to do. Isn't it everyones job to see what can be done. Why is just one person that seems to do the work and the others sit on there rear drinking coffee all day.

I not saying the work requires a huge amount of time. but helping would be nice.

Do you guys help out at your hanger or even in the field getting heaters and covers ready?

maybe things are changing

i guess the first question is - what is YOUR job description? I am an engineerand i do everything the pilot does not do....... so i dont fly. if your company is the size that has a "hangar guy" i guess that guy should be doing all the " hangar work" as he probably wont be staying up all night when the engineer is fixing a snag. and the hangar guy will be getting paid to work all day, unlike the pilot thats NOT getting paid to sit around on his *** all day, but hangs out at work in case there is a chance for him to fly and earn some bucks.

since there are some good old boys here and new guys trying to learn.

In a hanger inviroment. If there is hanger maintenance, shelves, or getting equipment ready for the winter. winter is coming. If pilots and engineers are paid for the days work either full time or are at the hanger pool. and there is some stuff to do. Isn't it everyones job to see what can be done. Why is just one person that seems to do the work and the others sit on there rear drinking coffee all day.

I not saying the work requires a huge amount of time. but helping would be nice.

Do you guys help out at your hanger or even in the field getting heaters and covers ready?

maybe things are changing

When things are slow, we all get together and do what needs to get done in sprucing the place up.

The only rule I have is that when someone is working, I don't want to see someone else standing around with their hands in their pocket.

Why is just one person that seems to do the work and the others sit on there rear drinking coffee all day.

This would not happen at our workplace.

When things are slow, we all get together and do what needs to get done in sprucing the place up.

The only rule I have is that when someone is working, I don't want to see someone else standing around with their hands in their pocket.

Why is just one person that seems to do the work and the others sit on there rear drinking coffee all day.

This would not happen at our workplace.

too funny Ray. sent you a PM. thats the way i think

In the heat of the summer I'm asked to work 12 to 14 hours a day, with as little as 3 days off a month. I'm not paid overtime and I'm responsible for 1 - 5 peoples lives every day. Now that the seasons have changed it seems sometimes that the long summer days have been forgotten. The guy who D.I.ed my machine or washed my windows so I could get some sleep in the summer is the guy who I give a hand doing whatever needs doing. Maybe you should ask yourself when the last time you washed a window for a pilot was...I know ....I know.....it's not your job.

not to get in a pissing match, i wash the windows, the helicopter and the floor, clean toilets clean pilot/ passenger garbage out of our machines and do the maintenance. my job is to maintain the a/c and help keep the company running. this isnt my first rodeo as im sure its not yours either, but i can bet you dont fly that machine 12- 14 hours a day..... if you did you could afford to hire a new engineer that may clean your windows and di your machine for all the flight pay your making him/her. sign me up!

In the heat of the summer I'm asked to work 12 to 14 hours a day, with as little as 3 days off a month. I'm not paid overtime and I'm responsible for 1 - 5 peoples lives every day. Now that the seasons have changed it seems sometimes that the long summer days have been forgotten. The guy who D.I.ed my machine or washed my windows so I could get some sleep in the summer is the guy who I give a hand doing whatever needs doing. Maybe you should ask yourself when the last time you washed a window for a pilot was...I know ....I know.....it's not your job.

sounds like a pilot talking here. maintenance remember is responsible for you and your passengers. so we are same there. lets see. 12-14 hour days.mmmmmmmm how about the 12-14 hour nights so you can have an aircraft in the morning.

I am not challenging the work part that we do for our living. Like you said. season has changed and everyone is still getting paid for the day. It just would be nice to see everyone help make sure covers, heaters, and anything else that may be needed for the winter.

Windows? I believe if there is only 3 hours put on a machine in a 12 hour day. the pilot should be able to fit in a minute of time to clean his windows. If you were doing a steady 6 hour day flying. yes, I would be more than happy to send you home and i would take care of the cleaning.

i must apologise for my last comment, i realise you arent talking about flying mediums with an engineer with you out in the field. and the topic was stated at the hangar. i would guess all these lazy co-workers that dont help out will slowly dissappear through the tough times we are coming into. good help is hard to find, but thats because the industry is flooded with new helicopters and not enough well trained personnel "well" being the key word. i ran into a young engineer on a b4 last summer that at the end of the day and 4 hrs of his machine flying he was leaving with the pilot to go back to the hotel. i had to stop what i was doing noting he had his tools in the car and asked " arent you going to at least di that thing?" the answer was "why? its brand new" trk is done so i can only hope he is out of a job and back to flipping burgers where he belongs. flying is no joke..... and either is maintaining. if i can help a pilot out and get another 1/2 hour revenue for the company i'm all over it. soon you will have the chance to work with someone else who cares about your life and their own, after all the wannabees that dont wannawork are all gone, and canada gets back to a realistic number of helicopters flying around. ps have you looked at the number of 2007/2008 helicopters for sale in canada latey? i think its about time these corporate machines dissappear and remember canada sustains workhorses because thats all the customer is willing to pay for. whew! thanks for reading my rant! :unsure:

not to get in a pissing match, i wash the windows, the helicopter and the floor, clean toilets clean pilot/ passenger garbage out of our machines and do the maintenance. my job is to maintain the a/c and help keep the company running. this isnt my first rodeo as im sure its not yours either, but i can bet you dont fly that machine 12- 14 hours a day..... if you did you could afford to hire a new engineer that may clean your windows and di your machine for all the flight pay your making him/her. sign me up!