Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Foriegn Workers....

Guest Angry Egg Driver

I was born in Winnipeg grew up in Germany till I was 11(airforce brat)moved to Ottawa and ended up on the island.What am I,A MUTT..........my roots are from England.Check your roots Im sure none of you are really a Canadian....How important is it really?

Hahaha speedbird, well done! I was born in Switzerland, moved to follow my parents from Bahrein to many other places through Europe, with many other languages to learn (each time) and new friends to find. I was also born canadian as my father was already canadian... Now I'm back in Switzerland and fly there. What am I ;) ?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nerves are frayed all around and it doesn't help with people like Whop Whop stirring the pot.... :down:

There are strong points on both sides. It is unfair that Canadian pilots are jobless while foreign pilots have jobs however what can the employer do? If they hired a foreign pilot in 2007 because there were no Canadian pilots available, do they now fire them in order to hire a Canadian pilot? There doesn't seem to be an easy solution to this one.....kinda like politics. :huh:

I think we're all hoping for a better year in 2009 and fingers crossed all the way around there's enough jobs for everyone....

Absolutely. If there is a similarily qualified CANADIAN Pilot, fire the foreign worker and hire locally! If there is a shortage of pilots by all means hire qualified people but it is ridiculous to assume that a company has to keep them on when things are slow.

I was born in Winnipeg grew up in Germany till I was 11(airforce brat)moved to Ottawa and ended up on the island.What am I,A MUTT..........my roots are from England.Check your roots Im sure none of you are really a Canadian....How important is it really?

When you have mouths too feed and a morgage too pay. Probably the most important thing in the world! :down:

What really chokes me is that you guys had or still have the posibility for some representation through the Hepac mechanism. Immigration Canada and Labour statistics are formulated based on informtion recieved from industry participants . The number of applications for work permit approvals etc. Stop your complaining and make sure you have some representation.

Another thing too. 80 percent of the guys sitting at home now have junior credentials. Your market for work opportunities is very small with a single engine VFR license. I you get all the stuff your job market opens up.

Stop your bitchin and do something about it. Nuf said.

not that i don't sympathize with those who sit at home and fear for their jobs and future, but...

first of all...give me some reliable numbers of how many foreigners are currently in canada that make your life so miserable and your attitude so negative.

this topic gets started over and over again by the same people here. obviously their intention is to infect everybody with their negative vibes and stir the pot. too bad!

question to those people: who is responsible for your decisions and actions? do you blame the **** foreigners when you run a red light and crash your car? do you blame your engineer for forgetting to put the fuel cap back on after YOU refueled the aircraft? who do you blame if you loose money that you invested, when the stock market collapses? who do you blame for the global financial crisis these days? ask yourself some questions before you blame others! why are you in your current situation? why did you choose to work for the company that just laid you off? did you do everything you could have done to increase your market value when times were good? why don't you get off this forum, ignore the negative vibes, and change the things that make you feel so angry and miserable? this is a competitive business...live with it, because it will never change!

Guest Angry Egg Driver

No need to get your hackles up boys...Was just a simple question as everyone knows how many foreign pilots are in Canada working or were working during the summer.Not saying its bad to have foreigners here working when the need arises.Operators have to keep aircraft working and this seemed like the perfect solution at the time.All i was inquiring about is will they be allowed to work on their Visas if there are experienced Canadian pilots/engineers sitting at home.

I have lots of friends that are flying here that aren't from Canada....not saying they should go home just asking the question.

Oh and i'm not unemployed by the way.

No need to get your hackles up boys...Was just a simple question as everyone knows how many foreign pilots are in Canada working or were working during the summer.Not saying its bad to have foreigners here working when the need arises.Operators have to keep aircraft working and this seemed like the perfect solution at the time.All i was inquiring about is will they be allowed to work on their Visas if there are experienced Canadian pilots/engineers sitting at home.

I have lots of friends that are flying here that aren't from Canada....not saying they should go home just asking the question.

Oh and i'm not unemployed by the way.

to get a visa or working permit, one has to request a labour market opinion from hrsdc. that opinion is usually good for three years. i presume that every foreigner who currently has a working permit will be able to work until it expires.

it would be interesting to know what kind of information, the time period and from where hrsdc gathers their information to make a decision to either give a positive or negative opinion.

one question still hasn't been answered! how many foreigners are currently working as helicopter pilots in canada? no guessing please...facts only!

to get a visa or working permit, one has to request a labour market opinion from hrsdc. that opinion is usually good for three years. i presume that every foreigner who currently has a working permit will be able to work until it expires.

it would be interesting to know what kind of information, the time period and from where hrsdc gathers their information to make a decision to either give a positive or negative opinion.

one question still hasn't been answered! how many foreigners are currently working as helicopter pilots in canada? no guessing please...facts only!

seems to me that your underestimate the thing here.....or just a little...mayby i'm wrong, but will your opinion change if you get the number and see that there is a large proportion of foreigns?

you are probably not a low timer, so it shouldnt affect you! (on a small proportion of foreigns)

But on a large propotion? yes, bla bla bla about everything being said creating your own futur......But heres my question....should we protect what we got??? syndicalisation,by the way, are doing just that, and from hour own people...

no meaning to foreing poeple by the way.....as long as it is equilibrate.

not talking about immigrants whith the citizenship