Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Cheap A/c For Hire

bs205

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of the bid requests did stipulate that the operator would be resposible for living expenses while positioned at the base or location of whichever area was awarded to them. Makes it a bit more favourable to the local operators but it looks like it didn't work.

We all know that the bid or advertised price, when it gets down that low, won't be what the customer pays. There are many ways to make up for a low hourly rate, and I'm sure that all of the tricks and short cuts will be employed by a few operators to "average up". Don't everybody recoil in mock horror either....we all know it happens.

Batten down the hatches 'cause it's gonna get worse.

Kevin

My, my, my, why do people get so upset about this? This sort of thing has been happening since de-regulation, and it only ever becomes an important issue when the amount of available work becomes somewhat diminished.

If you don't work for one of the bid winners, go apply if you want to. If you don't like what happened, do your best to educate customers about the real cost of doing business in the helicopter world. I've been trying it for years and it doesn't really make a difference in a saturated market; the customer wants the best deal.

It's easy to stand back and throw stones at these guys especially if you work for, or own, an outfit that has somewhat of a captive audience and can maintain high rates due to the lack of competition.

Going flying now, for a rate that might be higher or lower than yours.

Kevin

ps. Wishing a blade strike or some other form of damage on someone is rather distasteful.

Maybe probably not all I know is when a bunch of babies start flapping their gums and making dumb statements I may as well join in and it is only low ballin if if you are the loser at the game. You never hear the winners complain.

No your right, you never hear the winner's complain. So when they are giving machines away for less than what they cost to operate, money should dry up and they will just go away......kinda like a bad cold sore..............Northern Mountain ring a bell :bye: :bye:

i see my fingers typed out before my brain computed, i would like to appologise for the wish of bladestrikes or engene torching to anyone. what my mind was trying to get across was wtf you going to do if you have a strike or toast an engine ? borrow more money from mom and dad? c'mon lets be reasonable! this is crunch time, but if you sell your cereal to drop your rate....... you got nothing to eat!

No your right, you never hear the winner's complain. So when they are giving machines away for less than what they cost to operate, money should dry up and they will just go away......kinda like a bad cold sore..............Northern Mountain ring a bell :bye: :bye:

Na-na-na-nah....Na na na nah...Hey Hey hey.....Goodbye....