Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Cheap A/c For Hire

bs205

A few thoughts......

Operators that own their ships don't usually let them go out at such a low price.

The low bidders are often the guys that have lease payments to make.....making a profit is a lower priority.

Financing costs (leasing) is often calculated in $CDN, and is not as affected by exchange rates as the price of parts which are usually sold in $US.

I pity the operators that are leasing in $US also.

Don't slam the 'winners'.

They are happy they won. They bid that price because that was as low as they felt they needed to go to win the contract AND survive. If they couldn't have afforded to go that low, they wouldn't have. It's just high-stakes poker.

....and, if you think this summer (and the present economy) has been tough on flight crews....just imagine being an operator !!!

OT

p.s. I don't condone or support these low rates in the slightest.....but please be considerate of others before you start slinging mud.

However, if a certain operator wants to bid this low, then make a profit by stealing other people's fuel i.e. XXXXXXX, then sling all the poo you can !!!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest who's yer daddy

Who cares what the tariff rate is. Go fly or wrench on the machines in question, collect your flight pay and wages and no worries. If the company in question chooses to to play Russin Roulette with their sub prime mortgage rates who cares. You just move on to the next one. Remember there is a shortage of experienced aircrew (both) not a shortage of experienced aircraft! Being happening for decades upon decades man. WGAF.

sorry for not getting back sooner to busy flying Must be a low baller oh well busy again tommorrow and even the next day gee it sucks being busy must be a low baller I guess I will have to go to confessional on Sunday to confess my crimes of being a low baller oh well then I will be able to work all next week and not even stress about being a low baller till next sunday good thing for church all the bad things go away oh well tired now need to sleep so I can work tommorrow

A few thoughts......

Operators that own their ships don't usually let them go out at such a low price.

The low bidders are often the guys that have lease payments to make.....making a profit is a lower priority.

Financing costs (leasing) is often calculated in $CDN, and is not as affected by exchange rates as the price of parts which are usually sold in $US.

I pity the operators that are leasing in $US also.

Don't slam the 'winners'.

They are happy they won. They bid that price because that was as low as they felt they needed to go to win the contract AND survive. If they couldn't have afforded to go that low, they wouldn't have. It's just high-stakes poker.

OT

p.s. I don't condone or support these low rates in the slightest.....but please be considerate of others before you start slinging mud.

However, if a certain operator wants to bid this low, then make a profit by stealing other people's fuel i.e. XXXXXXX, then sling all the poo you can !!!

Who cares what the tariff rate is. Go fly or wrench on the machines in question, collect your flight pay and wages and no worries. If the company in question chooses to to play Russin Roulette with their sub prime mortgage rates who cares. You just move on to the next one. Remember there is a shortage of experienced aircrew (both) not a shortage of experienced aircraft! Being happening for decades upon decades man. WGAF.

I agree OT that as long as those operators that won the contracts play by the same rules and can make a profit than that's just called 'business'. That does not include stealing fuel or skipping log book entries.

For the operators that consider lease payments far more important than profit, may have not flown their minimum lease hours so they may be putting hours on the aircraft at no matter what the cost.

However, low rates almost always = low (or lowering) wages for the crews and less monies for maintaining a/c.

FYI--an average lease cost per hour on a B2 is at least between $800 to $850 per hour and I'm sure a B3 would be between $875 and $925. Add pilot and engineer wages, unscheduled maintenance costs, insurance, per diems and..................hmmmmm, you might just be over $1094.00 per hour. This does look like a loss leader to me.

sorry for not getting back sooner to busy flying Must be a low baller oh well busy again tommorrow and even the next day gee it sucks being busy must be a low baller I guess I will have to go to confessional on Sunday to confess my crimes of being a low baller oh well then I will be able to work all next week and not even stress about being a low baller till next sunday good thing for church all the bad things go away oh well tired now need to sleep so I can work tommorrow

All our machines have been flying all year.....and without lowering our rates. Must be magic eh?

More posts that sound like you are on crack please. I'm enjoying your juvenile trolling.

Do you think our company can charter "Low Baller Company Brand X" at the $1,094 an hour rate and sub lease back to the Alberta Government for the 2008 posted flying rate of $1,955???? There may be a great business opportunity here.

I think it is time that the people who award these bids look at how a company can charge a rate like this and maintain the aircraft, pay the people, banks etc and still operate safely.

Last time I checked the lease rate on a B2 was somewhere around $900 an hour doesnt leave much room for profit.

Just my 2 cents.

Cosmo