Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

New Licenses Available

T-rex

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya right, like Transport Canada really knows how much room there is on the back of a passport picture. They want the name and address of the photography studio, then the verification of true likeness and signed buy that person, you will need a friggin magnifying glass to read it.

Sometimes I just wonder what really goes on at TC.

Regards

SOB

Ya right, like Transport Canada really knows how much room there is on the back of a passport picture. They want the name and address of the photography studio, then the verification of true likeness and signed buy that person, you will need a friggin magnifying glass to read it.

Sometimes I just wonder what really goes on at TC.

Regards

SOB

I think this is just a copy of how it works for passports. The photo shops have a stamp to take care of it as it would be a mess like you say to squeeze all that in with handwriting.

But... but...

What am I gonna do with the nifty li'l wallet I bought that has HELICOPTER PILOT emblazoned in gold on the front?

Oh wait, I have to finish training and earn a license first :D, THEN I can worry about what it looks like. :)

The AME license has had a picture on it for quite a while now. Originally the intent was to get your picture taken at the local office and it was sent to Ottawa to be printed into the license itself. That wa the plan.....Personally after 4 trys to get my picture taken and sent properly I gave up and emailed my own photo to Ottawa. I don't know why they are going the passport picture route for the pilot's license. Perhaps they got too many pictures of old goats, sheep, horses etc emailed in by AMEs :rolleyes: