Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

The Biggest Problem With This Indusrty

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest plumber
Qoute from Mr Harris....

"approximately 80 percent, and are involved in the vast majority......"

Mr Harris, please help me out here as you are should be an expert in this area..........but, shouldn't a group that consists of "approximately 80 percent" be "involved in the vast majority" of almost anything.......whether it be accidents, owning blue helicopters, enjoying swiss cheese in their ham sandwiches, or whatever statistic you want.

Now, is their RATE of accidents actually higher????

My compliments for trying to help such a large group with what will (therefore) be a large problem...but let's not twist the figures too much.

I for one am tired of Swiss cheese taking the place of Canadian cheddar on my ham sandwich. :lol:

I love to fly. Hate work. :rant:

:lol: :lol:

If you cannot work with love but only with distaste, it is better that you should leave your work.

--Kahlil Gibran

It is not work that kills men; it is worry. Work is healthy; you can hardly put more upon a man than he can bear. Worry is rust upon the blade. It is not the revolution that destroys the machinery, but the friction. Fear secretes acids, but love and trust are sweet juices.

--Beecher

Love and work... work and love, that's all there is.

--Sigmund Freud

For one human being to love another that is perhaps the most difficult of our tasks; the ultimate, the last test and proof; the work for which all other work is but preparation.

--Rainer Maria Rilke

Don't sacrifice your life to work and ideals.

The most important things in life are human relations.

I found that out too late.

--Katharinde Susannah Prichard

You can employ men and hire hands to work for you, but you must win their hearts to have them work with you.

--Merle Shain

Wow, quotes everywhere!! Stand aside -

"The falacy of age is to believe that experience is a substitute for intelligence. The falacy of youth is to believe that intelligence is a substitute for experience."

Therefore the only people any good in this industry must be middle aged pilots of average experience who may or may not treat their job as a hobby & could or could not leave the industry if they did or didn't want to. They may or may not be foreign & probably do or don't work for a low ball operator. That leaves everybody else as the "biggest problem with this industry"!

I'm glad I might or might not be in that group!

Wow, quotes everywhere!! Stand aside -

"The falacy of age is to believe that experience is a substitute for intelligence. The falacy of youth is to believe that intelligence is a substitute for experience."

Therefore the only people any good in this industry must be middle aged pilots of average experience who may or may not treat their job as a hobby & could or could not leave the industry if they did or didn't want to. They may or may not be foreign & probably do or don't work for a low ball operator. That leaves everybody else as the "biggest problem with this industry"!

I'm glad I might or might not be in that group!

I thought it was "stand by" ...

Great quote. :)