Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Obama All About Helicopters

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not one thing Obama has promised will improve my personally life guanteed, but rather make it worse. Don't see how anything he has promised will improve the Heli industry either. He probably feels overwhelmed, or at least I would, at all of his promises. If he sucessfully carries out all of his promises, he will have set a national record - name one president who has. This nation IS NOT run by the president BUT RATHER by big buisnesses and special interest groups. The presidents job is not to do the right thing, but rather to carry out these buisnesses'and special interest groups' desires right or more often wrong. If they do not agree with his promise, he for the most part will not be able to carry it out. POLITICS is DIRTY work period.

"That's probably why we don't talk politics at the dinner table (or here hopefully).

Unfortunately people get really sensitive about these topics, as can be seen by some of the very reactive responses, usually to something that was inferred and not actually said by someone else anyway.

Then the responses slide into abuse, ignorance and intolerance just to try and make a point."

Oh, and my instructor taught me more than just flying. He also taught me to "never talk politics in a helicopter"

THAT'S IT! I won't even get started on Obama, NAFTA, Iraq/Afghanistan/Saudia Arabia and oil, because you're a Canucklehead :shock: , 212W. L3's saying some pretty stupid things, too...but whatever!

SO BITE ME and just for the record, Big Mac's are disgusting.

One not-so-ignorant 'Merican Yankee who'd like to buy you a beer some time and really debate these issues, but alas...life's too short and frankly my dear, I don't give a d*mn!

TGIF

i saw THAT coming!!!! :lol: :lol:

"we are in Iraq and Afganistan.....OIL!

Do you really think that the US is in Iraq for any other reason than oil?

...the US has always been the biggest bully in the school yard...

Hitler. 9-11. Bin Laden. Hussein. Ahmadinejad. Kim Jong-Il. Did America ever say, "He's your problem...this great threat to civilization...you stop him...you deal with it?"

I was half laughing through gritted teeth when I made that post earlier; it was the first thread I'd read. Overly sensitive? Perhaps. A bellyful of American bashing and politics, definitely.

Sorry if I offended anyone with my juvenile retort. :rolleyes: Try to see the bigger picture.

What was this thread about anyway?

Oh, yeah. What will Obama do to perk up the heli industry, or ANY industry, for that matter? Forgive me if I don't hold my breath.

Done and carry on! (It must be 5:00 o'clock somewhere!)

Many years ago there was talk of a pipeline through Afghanistan. However, the oil reserves that were going to be tapped in a country north west of there, turned out to be much smaller than once believed. That was when the Russians were in there, and shortly afterwards. Oil is not currently the rationale for being there now. As was mentioned by TQN, it was Bin Laden, 9-11 and Taliban.

As for Obama, hold onto your *****, boys and girls. Things are gonna get worse before they get really bad. The last thing you want is a Liberal/Democrat in charge of the economy when things are in the tank.

Oil is now under $60/barrel, base metal prices in free fall.... that does not bode well for the heli-industry.

By way of proof, how many of us are out of work right now... when normally we would be working?

L3driver ------this will be my last submission on this topic. I only replied the first time and once again now for a certain reason that I will explain before I close.

1) Never stated anywhere who the Russians should/should not sell anything to.

2) You are most certainly addressing the wrong person when you ask me if I'm justifying anyone dying in any way.......in or out of uniform. I've lost 3 uncles to wars and have the scars from the one I was involved in..........so you "don't want go there" with me.

3) The Canadians went to Afghanistan because the Secretary-General of the UN asked the PM in the strongest terms for the help. That I saw him do on national TV, as did many others. The Canadians then went there to aide and under the umbrella of ISAF. Shortly afterwards NATO stated they would be also sending member countries. The Brits were asked and had to be shamed by Canada to contribute. The Dutch contribute and 'pull their weight'. The Germans will not allow their troops into combat zones nor allow them to board any NATO a/c in the area. The Americans were asked by the PM to aide us because we couldn't sustain the losses or the workload. So much for the help they received from their other NATO bretheren who three of my uncles and many other Canadians died for when they tried to help them during WW2. As far as the Americans are concerned, well they stuck there noses into WW2 before anyone had attacked them and helped out then too. The they really pushed their weight around and did the same for the Brits and French. You'd think that they'd learn by now to keep their bloody noses out of other folks backyards. I mea, if it wasn't for their interference, WW2 would probably never have lasted that long and millions more would not have died.

4) I'm sorry to report to you that the Brits were in Iraq for the oil 20+ years before the Americans were AND they propped-up and supported the government, including one King Faisal. Ditto for their presence in Iran. The French were next and the Americans moved in to join Dutch later on.

5) Criticize robustly whomever you please and there's a large number who should receive it.......including the Americans. When doing so just make sure that that 'sh*tty brush' you are using gets all countries involved who have played a major role in the ugly deed. Don't use the news services for reference because they've reported me dead on two occasions now and I can state factually that they were ill-informed on both occasions.

I served with the American forces in Vietnam. While i was there and ever since then all I hear is that there were just American military there fighting the Communists. NEVER any mention about any of the spying for the USAF that was done by Canadian Embassy staff and Ambassador Chester A. Ronning locating bombing targets for them. NEVER a word about the Australian Army, Air Force or Navy. NEVER a word about the Republic of South Korea and their excellent troops or their Navy. Every country from SEATO who contributed to that war with personnel, monies and equipment, left that event with nary a mention. So when one is talking about 'bullies', one should make sure that they get all of the members of the gang that were in attendance and helped commit all the crimes.

I trust that you now understand me and I'll cease any further contribution on this subject.

Hitler. 9-11. Bin Laden. Hussein. Ahmadinejad. Kim Jong-Il. Did America ever say, "He's your problem...this great threat to civilization...you stop him...you deal with it?"

I was half laughing through gritted teeth when I made that post earlier; it was the first thread I'd read. Overly sensitive? Perhaps. A bellyful of American bashing and politics, definitely.

Sorry if I offended anyone with my juvenile retort. :rolleyes: Try to see the bigger picture.

What was this thread about anyway?

Oh, yeah. What will Obama do to perk up the heli industry, or ANY industry, for that matter? Forgive me if I don't hold my breath.

Done and carry on! (It must be 5:00 o'clock somewhere!)

A very mellow reply!!

Who ARE you and what have you done with our TQN!!!

Everybody thinks the americans are bullies, until they need them for something. It gets pretty tiring hearing people bash the u.s. when they dont really know the full story or bother to learn it. Everyone blames the worlds problems on the americans but what would the world, canada included, do if the americans isolated themselves completely? Then you would hear some major whining. I love hearing all the uneducated theories of why the americans are doing this and why they are doing that, but again, what if they did nothing? you only have to go as far back as WW2 to try and start figuring that out.