Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

New Company

Read an impressive article in a Canadian magazine regarding a new helicopter operator in Fort St John.

They talk about how vibrant the industry is there, and even though there are six companies in business, the new company says they have customers coming to their door, partly because they are locally owned, have new machines, and high time pilots.

Is it really " booming" in Fort St John, making it that simple to be successful in a helicopter business with so much other competition? Gutsy move nonetheless!

Opportunity Notice

Helicopter - lease medium and intermediateOpportunity InformationOrganization: Forestry

Reference Number: AB-2008-03730

Solicitation Number: 09AFD250

Solicitation Type: Request for Bid

Posting (mm/dd/yyyy): 10/07/2008

03:24:29 PM Alberta Time

Closing (mm/dd/yyyy): 10/21/2008

01:30:00 PM Alberta Time

Last Update (mm/dd/yyyy): 10/22/2008

11:14:02 AM Alberta Time

Awarded Vendors (Bidders):

Award Date: Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Legal Name Amount Comment

Whitney Helicopters Limited $1,090.00 High Prairie - AS350B2

Yep, its just that easy I bet...and Alberta Forestry just comes to your door. :shock:

Vortex- I have a great business idea. I could hire the B2 for 1090/hr, then use it for my customers for say 1600/hr. It would be "win-win" for everyone!!!! I think everyone needs to consider the source of the "interview" when deciding what is "truth" and what is #$%&*^%$

Helicopters Magazine pg 36. October/November/December 2008 edition. It has Fred Jones on the front cover.