Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Good Old Boys Club

We have 600 plus members using this forum. So i'm wondering why we have the expressed opinion of so few. Would it because of the fear of beening raked over the coals, skinned, crucified (thumper2 saying after post) and hung out to dry by the good old boys?

Or should The Dirty Dozen

RDM

CTD

####

JBC

Elvis

Charles W

407 Driver

412 Driver

Blackmac

Rotorhead

Randy G

Rosco

AS CTD would say Please explain and discuss :up: :up:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey StingRay or whatever your name is, let me say,

Before I posted a reply I re read all your posts.

#1 you are either a old tired fart with the early stages of Alzihmers and a bad case of the roids.

Or #2 you are a peed off newbie punk that still has the ink drying on the ticket.

So after your dribbling about doing something or other in 78 and loosen a stove somewhere up there in Canada, I’ll go with option #1.

Now about this dirty dozen thing, was that not a movie in the 60’s, shot in black and white, right around the time you would have been in your prime! :P:P :up: :up:

May I please join the old boys club? 30 years of flipper wing should account for something.Maybe I should just post more.

We have 600 plus members using this forum. So i'm wondering why we have the expressed opinion of so few.
I wonder if it's because some are actually out working for a living ?? :shock: :D During the winter I have way too much time on my hands, so I'm here, oh I also try and help, or to learn something myself.

Would it because of the fear of beening raked over the coals, skinned, crucified (thumper2 saying after post) and hung out to dry by the good old boys?

Many of the "dirty dozen" ;) (hmm, maybe it's because I need a shower ?? *sniff* nope, that ain't it ;):D ) have been in this industry for a long time and are trying to help. They may needle each other, but I'm pretty sure they respect the actual person, their abilities, and their experience. If someone says something that goes against the conventional wisdom, is it wrong to ask the person to defend their reasoning ??

Besides, respect is earned, not given. Having said that, all opinions are welcome here. No one would learn anything if we didn't have a free exchange of ideas. If someone feels intimidated, well I for one apologise. But don't be afraid to ask a question or reply to one, your idea may be far-fetched, but will be considered. If you are questioned or asked to defend yourself, it's only because we want to understand the idea. It's not to make anyone squirm, or to rake someone over the coals for fun, skin, crucify, or hang someone out to dry.

Cheers

p.s. Magnificent 7, hey how did you know about what my wife ... oh never mind too much info. ;):lol: