Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

The Rumour Mill

Helicopter Jim, this is my first ever post and it is not intended to initiate a slinging match. I do hope my cryptic crossword skills are still sharp and we are on the same page when it comes to the said company

I am at a loss as to why you would post a rumor about a company going “breasts up”. I don’t see the logic in it, other than to maybe have the honor of being the first person to bring it to the attention of other users if in fact it does turn out to be more than a rumor. If that does actually happen then a big pat on the back for you, there’s your five seconds of fame.

Surely you must not be so naïve to think that no-one at the mentioned cryptic company doesn’t read, post or both on these forums, and would not be feeling a sudden sinking feeling in their lower regions after viewing your thread. Is that the intent?

I guess all I can do is wait for the facts from my reliable source and go back to being the anxious wife waiting each week nervously for her husband to come off rotation, oh but now I get to wonder if he comes off rotation with a pretty pink slip in hand. Just wish those darn Sat phones would work.

Thanks for the heads up HJ on what I hope are still saggy breasts cause I have way too much shopping I still need to do.

Helicopter Jim, this is my first ever post and it is not intended to initiate a slinging match. I do hope my cryptic crossword skills are still sharp and we are on the same page when it comes to the said company

I am at a loss as to why you would post a rumor about a company going "breasts up". I don't see the logic in it, other than to maybe have the honor of being the first person to bring it to the attention of other users if in fact it does turn out to be more than a rumor. If that does actually happen then a big pat on the back for you, there's your five seconds of fame.

Surely you must not be so naïve to think that no-one at the mentioned cryptic company doesn't read, post or both on these forums, and would not be feeling a sudden sinking feeling in their lower regions after viewing your thread. Is that the intent?

I guess all I can do is wait for the facts from my reliable source and go back to being the anxious wife waiting each week nervously for her husband to come off rotation, oh but now I get to wonder if he comes off rotation with a pretty pink slip in hand. Just wish those darn Sat phones would work.

Thanks for the heads up HJ on what I hope are still saggy breasts cause I have way too much shopping I still need to do.

I think that is the best scolding I have heard on here in a long time. Well done and remember...in this business you should believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see :)

A good reminder to the gossip queens on here that its not only pilots who read these threads but also spouses and perhaps even children.

WW

Guest who's yer daddy

Well if he heard from a colleague then it is probably someone that he knows that works there. What is wrong with discussing companies that are experiencing the economic squeeze. No different than when we talk about a company who is hiring. There is a whole section dedicated to it it's called "Job Postings"

If the "Wife" does not like it then she can phone the head office and ask what is going on with the company and her man. Just remember one thing, its the helicopter industry and good luck getting a straight answer.

This is a buisness not a TV reality show. Companies will operate till the bitter end saying "all roses and sunshine". I personally worked for a company that was trying to sell its a/c for six months or more and the crews had no idea. I was told by a friend from another company what was going on as they were approached to purchase the said aircraft. I thanked him for that.

More often than not those right at the souce and center of things are the last to know. Thanks Jim for the heads up! If I end up out of work I will know not to waste my time with a phone call or resume to the "encrypted".

Only non aircrew would summarize "intent" or "fame". One might want to terminate the shopping and start looking at getting their own job just in case the data proves to be correct. Might want to avoid GM and Ford though - rumour has it there might be layoff's.

I hope that all companies are able to weather the storm and carry on. None of us wish that any aircrew loose their jobs or companies they have invested their time and hard labour into.

Remember the 80's folks.

Please God let there be another oil boom, I'll promise not to pizz it all away.