Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Pass The Sick Bag.

Wiggins

Skids is right...this one has been around for a while and has been posted here before. If memory serves the pilot was killed in a crash.

BO 105...fully rigid system...don't try this in your Jetbox.

Mark

NTSB Identification: NYC89FA220 .

The docket is stored on NTSB microfiche number 43340.

Accident occurred Wednesday, September 20, 1989 in TUCKERTON, NJ

Probable Cause Approval Date: 9/9/1992

Aircraft: MBB BO-105CB-4, registration: N5353V

Injuries: 1 Fatal.

THE HELICOPTER ENTERED A SHALLOW CLIMB & STEEP TURN AT LOW ALTITUDE. ALTHOUGH THE PILOT INITIATED A RECOVERY, THE HELICOPTER STRUCK THE GROUND BEFORE HE RECOVERED. AN INVESTIGATION REVEALED NO PRE-EXISTING FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION WITH THE ENGINE OR AIRFRAME. A PERFORMANCE STUDY SHOWED THE MANEUVER HAD A MAXIMUM BANK OF 98 DEGREES & A MAXIMUM ALTITUDE OF 75 FEET AGL. RECOVERY WAS NOT INITIATED UNTIL .5 SECONDS AFTER THE APEX OF THE MANEUVER.

The National Transportation Safety Board determines the probable cause(s) of this accident as follows:

THE PILOT'S DELAY IN REMEDIAL ACTION BY DELAYING THE PULL-UP FROM A DESCENDING MANEUVER.

NTSB Identification: NYC89FA220 .

The docket is stored on NTSB microfiche number 43340.

Accident occurred Wednesday, September 20, 1989 in TUCKERTON, NJ

Probable Cause Approval Date: 9/9/1992

Aircraft: MBB BO-105CB-4, registration: N5353V

Injuries: 1 Fatal.

THE HELICOPTER ENTERED A SHALLOW CLIMB & STEEP TURN AT LOW ALTITUDE. ALTHOUGH THE PILOT INITIATED A RECOVERY, THE HELICOPTER STRUCK THE GROUND BEFORE HE RECOVERED. AN INVESTIGATION REVEALED NO PRE-EXISTING FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION WITH THE ENGINE OR AIRFRAME. A PERFORMANCE STUDY SHOWED THE MANEUVER HAD A MAXIMUM BANK OF 98 DEGREES & A MAXIMUM ALTITUDE OF 75 FEET AGL. RECOVERY WAS NOT INITIATED UNTIL .5 SECONDS AFTER THE APEX OF THE MANEUVER.

The National Transportation Safety Board determines the probable cause(s) of this accident as follows:

THE PILOT'S DELAY IN REMEDIAL ACTION BY DELAYING THE PULL-UP FROM A DESCENDING MANEUVER.

The accident occured while making a movie as i understand....i've been tryng to get the tape on Google but no sucsses.

Also,(a bit out of topic sorry!) there is the existence of a documentary made by TC about LTE, if somebody know what i'm talking about, please PM me.

You're right about this being around for a while as I saw it at Dome Pete courstesy of the MBB guys when we purchasea Bow Kow in the early 80s. AFAIK it was used as a marketing tool showing the rigid rotor performance. I've been to around 100 Deg bank in the back of our Bow Kow (thanks to DT) over the drill ships in McKinley bay in the Beaufort. This was with a 105 that was tarted up with every piece of gear known to mankind.

this is 2nd time in a matter of days this video is posted, not sure why, is there anything to learn from watching this fatal accident???? This pilot was a very experienced aerobatic pilot who had done the same manuever many times,,,,,pointless

kind of like posting an abortion on a mom and tots forum I think,,,,jmho

this is 2nd time in a matter of days this video is posted, not sure why, is there anything to learn from watching this fatal accident???? This pilot was a very experienced aerobatic pilot who had done the same manuever many times,,,,,pointless

kind of like posting an abortion on a mom and tots forum I think,,,,jmho

I gotta say I agree with you on this one. I prefer happy ending!

• 2 weeks later...