Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Great Story's ?

HB-C-JU

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanksa lot for those story's and keep em coming.

I got an other, not a crazy one, just something i thought when i heard it, that was a good move.

So also he flw along, on the summer over the woods an hour away from the town and had his passanger riding alsong, then this imature young gentleman started to knok on his helmet knok knok knok, he was a bit disturbed and ask, what was that for? and looked back at him, the kid just smiling and looking out the window, a couple minutes later knok knok knok.... he said please don't do that again, i don't like it and if is very disturbing..... an other few moments went by and then again knok knok knok. ??? Why .... so he piked up the phone and phoned his Father he knew, and asked him if that would be allrigth with him to teach this kid a lession.... with the fathers approval, he sat down in the woods about 20 miles out of town in the afternoon and kiked the kid out, and tolled him witch way the town was and that he has to walk now......

the kid got hungry on the third day in the morning and showed up on his fathers house...

The father later to the pilot...... it cured him ..... so the kid is not so problematic any more....

I was laughing and thougth that takes balls .....

Maybe you can get together with sling and tell stories. At least you guys will be able to understand each other.

Isn't it amazing how many people are almost dead (after all dead men tell no tales) because doing what they are makes them think they are cool. Kinda makes you think you would say to yourself "if this makes me look cool, maybe I shouldn't do it"

The ONLY time I think a Pilot is "cool" is when he brings my machine back at the end of the day undamaged and unabused.

OK.

If you are going to make a statement like that, back it up with (your) experience and facts.

Its more foolish the pilots who push ****** weather, fly the machine way overgross, fly it when they know the proper maintenance hasn't been done, etc. It still happenes all the time and I think alot more people have died from the above than flying down a river. I think we need to address the real issues before we get something controversial like a river run.

but this is just a forum where we shoot the #### a bit so no big deal

So many excuses about not taking any care (or pride) in whatever you are involved in. From one that has been around the block more than a few times, I've noticed that one's attitude in one area, is usually reflected into another. :blink:

How are we suppose to believe that if one doesn't give a crap here, that one would give a crap anywhere else? :down:

Now before everyone starts to jump up and down, this is directed at everybody equally.

Take some pride in everything you do...

So many excuses about not taking any care (or pride) in whatever you are involved in. From one that has been around the block more than a few times, I've noticed that one's attitude in one area, is usually reflected into another. :blink:

How are we suppose to believe that if one doesn't give a crap here, that one would give a crap anywhere else? :down:

Now before everyone starts to jump up and down, this is directed at everybody equally.

Take some pride in everything you do...

Quit beating around the bush Skids Up and tell us what's really on your mind!! :D:D :up:

Oh, and BTW. I agree 100% with you.

But Skids Up, it's also about being gracious and making allowances for someone who does not have English as a first language. I for one would rather have a bit of difficulty reading a story in broken English than not have the chance to read it at all. Thanks. L3driver

L3driver, Dude you should take me as an exemple an extrapolate a bit more about what we can do whith only minimum allowance...

Crazy isnt' it???

:lol:

OK, one day I had to take four guys from Calgary out to look at a well site. 3 suits, very high up and acted it. No big deal, went out on a gray day, and did the run, but on the way back, the sky started to really gray up, but absolutely not a problem, just a funny sky. On the way back, someone from the back taps on my helmet really fast, I turn and ask whats up on the IC, and the guys behind me says the guy in middle is going to chuck. I can't land fast enough, too high up. Things got bad really fast, but with some wuick thinking, they open up the slider and shove the guys head out and he blows his lungs out. All is fine, everyone is OK, and we land ten minutes later. No one around the hanger, so I go inside with them and make sure all is well. Sheepish looks on one guy, but I laughed and said it happens, don't sweat it. They leave. I go for a wiz and then back out to the machine. My engineer is standing there, asks what the ****, some kind of lead? Syas it didn't taste like hyd fluid or engine oil (dabbed a bit on his finger trick). I asked him if he liked curry on his rice. Then I told him what it was. Threw ladder at me. I laughed.

Maybe someone has a guilty conscience...... Actually if you want to know about high horses, i was the a single passenger in a machine that was being flown on a river run below the tree tops. The pilot had the machine standing on its side at times and kept exclaiming, "I can't believe this machine will do 150!" To say the least i was a bit uncomfortable but at the time i felt i shouldn't say anything. Now i would say not with me in there. Hey it's your choice, if you have no objection to beating up the machine and all the other risks mean nothing to you, have "fun", maybe I'll hear about you on the news.... :up: And it really isn't a high horse, it's more like a pony. ;)

L3driver.

Just because you are flying down a river doesn't mean you have to beat up the machine or fly like an idiot.