Great Story's ?

HB-C-JU

...My engineer is standing there, asks what the ****, some kind of lead? Syas it didn't taste like hyd fluid or engine oil (dabbed a bit on his finger trick). I asked him if he liked curry on his rice. Then I told him what it was. Threw ladder at me. I laughed.

Well, looky there! Betwixt and between all the high-horsin' and spell checkin' and lightenin' up comes an eeewww, eeewww funny story! :lol:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's obvious that you would not stress the machine just flying down a river, thanks for pointing that out. No one said you would and it's all a matter of how extreme the flying was/is and it was only an example

No one said but you. Why do you assume a river run has to be reckless?

. Hey it's your choice, if you have no objection to beating up the machine and all the other risks mean nothing to you, have "fun", maybe I'll hear about you on the news....

L3driver.

I spoke to a bloke once who was flying in Papua New Guinea long-lining a load of building material. The load wasn't rigged very well & started to fly from side to side so he punched it off over the jungle. Swearing to himself about explaining to the boss he turned & flew back over where he saw the load disappear into the trees. By the time he'd turned around the jungle bunnies had built a hut!!!

OK, one day I had to take four guys from Calgary out to look at a well site. 3 suits, very high up and acted it. No big deal, went out on a gray day, and did the run, but on the way back, the sky started to really gray up, but absolutely not a problem, just a funny sky. On the way back, someone from the back taps on my helmet really fast, I turn and ask whats up on the IC, and the guys behind me says the guy in middle is going to chuck. I can't land fast enough, too high up. Things got bad really fast, but with some wuick thinking, they open up the slider and shove the guys head out and he blows his lungs out. All is fine, everyone is OK, and we land ten minutes later. No one around the hanger, so I go inside with them and make sure all is well. Sheepish looks on one guy, but I laughed and said it happens, don't sweat it. They leave. I go for a wiz and then back out to the machine. My engineer is standing there, asks what the ****, some kind of lead? Syas it didn't taste like hyd fluid or engine oil (dabbed a bit on his finger trick). I asked him if he liked curry on his rice. Then I told him what it was. Threw ladder at me. I laughed.

That is funny! you just made my day

That story of the guy punching off the boat reminded me of the time I had slung a boat 177 miles to one of our native communities and when I got there I told the base engineer to go to the local store...buy the biggest ugliest chain and padlock and chain the boat to the fence next to the hangar until the band office got over to claim the boat....I told him that I had to leave right away and left...the next day I get a call from the boss wanting to know what the **** happened to the boat as it was found upside down in the lake...pretty much destroyed...told him to call the engineer up and get the skinny on the boat as I had left it at the hangar in pristine condition....as it turns out when the wrench was coming back to chain the boat to the fence he sees the locals blasting away from the hangar with the boat tied to the back of a pickup truck...dragging it down a gravel road at about 50 mph...that was the last he saw of it and fiquired ...what the hay...just wasted a bunch of cash and time on a chain and lock..so the boss will find out soon or later what happened...I guess later was better than sooner :shock: :blink: