350 T/r Loss Video In Lv Last Night

Oddly enough the B model has the best power to weight ratio of all astars except B3. So if dude was under gross it probably performed well. It will take a small load a lot of places. Give me a B2 any day though(or lend me the 407, promise to not scratch it).

I bet he sure wished for the throttle on the collective option which according to manufacturer is not safer(but the B3 comes standard with a relocated throttle on collective, which according to propaganda is safer,,,,,,me confused).

But hats off, pilot did a fine job, looked as though wind wasn't helping either.

Anyword on whether it was a stuck pedal or loss of drive. Saw video many moons ago of twinstar with loss of drive do an extremely long run on as well with similar ending. Thank God for our fixed wing brethren needing those long uninterupted hunks of pavement. Wouldn't be fun avoiding cerrs on the 401, eh?

Actually, most of my 350 time IS on a B model, as CHW never had many BA's back then. Most of the BA's in that fleet were all coverted D to B to BA's.

My favorite old base B (SLB) is now a B2, imagine that.

You're correct on the wind, I noticed that it was not in favor. I recall the main runways are E/W at McCarron, but he was assigned to the N/S runway? I bet ATC didn't want a potentially tipped over heli closing their 2 main runways?