Oh Really!

That's Reudi Haffen for ya.

I trained with Reudi in 81- 82.Great guy, great bussiness man.I dont have a degree but mabey its time to get one.I guess the advantage of having a degree is that the possibilities for advancemant are inhanced.Its his bussiness and whatever way he wants to run it thats okay.He started with a dream and went for it.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I find strange about this is that there seems to be some issue with need of a university degree. I own a company and really don't think it matters to ask for the degree. But there lies the opinion in some of the posts that a university degree may be a detriment,,,I know a few pilots with university degrees and quite frankly they do a great job, and they can fly too,,,wow. Alot is to be said of our industry's lack of management training experience so, really what is the problem. Maybe pull you head out a bit, get some O2 and see that maybe something positive could be attained by requesting higher qualifications, especially when dealing with the public on a daily basis. Do you really want people to think we Canadian's like to live in the dark ages and as long as you make lots of money and have good skills that is all that is needed?

I don't have a degree,,,,well am a little feverish so my degrees are a little higher now.

"Serenity now"

Paul Kendall

HWHL that is Hi-Wood Helicopters Ltd. for those acronym illiterate types.

What I find strange about this is that there seems to be some issue with need of a university degree. I own a company and really don't think it matters to ask for the degree. But there lies the opinion in some of the posts that a university degree may be a detriment,,,I know a few pilots with university degrees and quite frankly they do a great job, and they can fly too,,,wow. Alot is to be said of our industry's lack of management training experience so, really what is the problem. Maybe pull you head out a bit, get some O2 and see that maybe something positive could be attained by requesting higher qualifications, especially when dealing with the public on a daily basis. Do you really want people to think we Canadian's like to live in the dark ages and as long as you make lots of money and have good skills that is all that is needed?

I don't have a degree,,,,well am a little feverish so my degrees are a little higher now.

"Serenity now"

Paul Kendall

HWHL that is Hi-Wood Helicopters Ltd. for those acronym illiterate types.

Bravo,

Nice an operator who’s not stuck in the Dark Age there is hope!

For a while I was concerned about the procedure of having my Dick attached to my forehead with the super hero boys club membership card.

Now a Degree somehow less painful!!

What's this boys club thing you keep talking about. Did I miss something when I went for my Geritol??

Ah the Secret Boys club!!!

Not necessarily a good club to belong to, but membership sure has privileges $$$$$$

Geritol went out long ago wicked bad stuff.

Ah the Secret Boys club!!!

Not necessarily a good club to belong to, but membership sure has privileges $$$$$$

Geritol went out long ago wicked bad stuff.

You have not answered my question 1cloud. What is this "boys club" you speak of??

Do you have any specifics or are you just mouthing off for the sake of mouthing off?

thats a very tough question for anyone to answer under any circumstance.

there are examples far and wide of this club, apparent only to those not with-in the confines of it's comfy cozy walls per se.

Look across this board for any amount of time, short or long and those walls are apparent.

There is no name of said club, no named members, it's like a tree with branches reaching out in many places. The main players of course migrate to the trunk of the tree, the newbs, who haven't got a foothold are like the leaves...they come and go as it sees fit from the well rooted players.

Yeah but do you need a degree?! For Christ sakes stay on topic :rolleyes: