Oh Really!

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats a very tough question for anyone to answer under any circumstance.

there are examples far and wide of this club, apparent only to those not with-in the confines of it's comfy cozy walls per se.

Look across this board for any amount of time, short or long and those walls are apparent.

There is no name of said club, no named members, it's like a tree with branches reaching out in many places. The main players of course migrate to the trunk of the tree, the newbs, who haven't got a foothold are like the leaves...they come and go as it sees fit from the well rooted players.

Is your handle 1cloud??

To those of you who are even half serious about this university degree 'thing, allow me to share this with you becaause I'm having 'a hoot' as I read all this.

I obtained not one, but two degrees through the GI Bill because of services I had given many 'moons' before to the American government. So finally the day arrives where I had my second degree and I knew that I had, at most, FOUR years to revel in my achievements. That's because approximately 2 years after graduating with your esteemed Degree in whatever, 50% of what you learned is now onsolete and/or been circumvented by technology. FOUR years after graduating, just about 100% of what you studied to learn that Degree(s) has had the same things happen to it in it's entirity......or **** close. Ergo, that was 8 years ago and I've never taken any further courses to 'keep-up with times' and although they may impress some who see them hanging on livingroom wall, they would be of more practical use in the bathroom, situated someplace withion arm's reach of the toilet. :lol:

So to those who have a tendency to get a little 'puffed' about university Degrees, understand this. They are like military equipment. Unless you keep upgrading them, they become quickly dated in today's world and after awhile, you can just throw them away........or maybe move them to the bathroom perhaps. :lol:

Is your handle 1cloud??

Relax Big Guy

I must have touched a sore spot. The boys club does exist are your eyes open, do you really have to ask. ( it more of greedy middle age, arrogant, scotch drinking, angry at something club) There seems to be a few chosen ones that have the godly powers of parting seas. Have the nerve to treat people like Dogs.

There usually the ones usually with the outrageous wage. For years it’s been an accepted Industry standard and personally don’t give a rip I will gladly sweep floors keep cleaning up, the coffee is on before first light and fresh all day. And I am not a low time ***** I have the same duties as everyone else.

Here is the Gig it blows pineapples trash talking people all this crying about young guys no respect, sore backs, show me the money, back in the glory day talk. If company X wants a guy with all the skills and a university back ground (the total package) more power to them. There setting the bar high. High standards are great those company’s usually are successful! Clean presentable hanger. Modern Helicopters (no Duct tape) and the most important solid positive people.

Do you really need a university Degree to fly, not really but in some cases it would help! Try working over seas the experience will be an eye opener.

Now back to the mud fight!

I'm starting a metro pilots club. Club pre requisits will be my degree, pink shirt, white dress shoe's, $120 pre-faded and ripped jeans, dolce and cabana sunglasses, must only drink martini's and a current PPC and sign a 2 year Bond with the Club.......wow....starting to sound more gay then metro....

I'm going to go drink a Kieths and watch Trailer Park Boys...and eat some red meat.

Relax Big Guy

Try working over seas the experience will be an eye opener.

Now back to the mud fight!

Wrong thing to say to me Dude!!

Eleven years all over Africa, Three years South America, (spent some time in prison there thanks to my Buddy's indiscretions), New Zealand and Australia, Most of Europe, including the former East Germany, All over North America including three years in Mexico, Five years R.C.N. Fleet Air Branch, and Powell River. :up: All doing Fixed and Rotary Wing Maintenance, usually under much less than ideal conditions. Nearly got my cute little Arse shot off more times than I can remember. And yes, I am one of those Scotch drinking, Cigar smoking "Old Fa-rts" who has paid his dues to this industry, I also went to university, I graduated with a degree from "UHK" many years ago (The University of Hard Knocks) and yes, I do get upset when I hear whining, complaining little shites going on about how hard and unfair life is!! They have NO IDEA just how easy they have it. Suck it up Buttercup!!! Believe me 1cloud, my eyes were wide open long before you were even born, in fact I could even be your Daddy!

Now I'm going to go recline in my genuine cowhide leather recliner, with my glass of Scotch, in front of my wall mounted surround sound home theater system in my fully paid for 6 month old new home, with my Lovely Wife (jail bait) and my ever faithful hound dog (cougar bait) and enjoy the fruits of my labor over the last 50 years. Have a good day!!

PS- I'm getting sleepy, perhaps it's time for a wee nap.

Wrong thing to say to me Dude!!

Eleven years all over Africa, Three years South America, (spent some time in prison there thanks to my Buddy's indiscretions), New Zealand and Australia, Most of Europe, including the former East Germany, All over North America including three years in Mexico, Five years R.C.N. Fleet Air Branch, and Powell River. :up: All doing Fixed and Rotary Wing Maintenance, usually under much less than ideal conditions. Nearly got my cute little Arse shot off more times than I can remember. And yes, I am one of those Scotch drinking, Cigar smoking "Old Fa-rts" who has paid his dues to this industry, I also went to university, I graduated with a degree from "UHK" many years ago (The University of Hard Knocks) and yes, I do get upset when I hear whining, complaining little shites going on about how hard and unfair life is!! They have NO IDEA just how easy they have it. Suck it up Buttercup!!! Believe me 1cloud, my eyes were wide open long before you were even born, in fact I could even be your Daddy!

Now I'm going to go recline in my genuine cowhide leather recliner, with my glass of Scotch, in front of my wall mounted surround sound home theater system in my fully paid for 6 month old new home, with my Lovely Wife (jail bait) and my ever faithful hound dog (cougar bait) and enjoy the fruits of my labor over the last 50 years. Have a good day!!

PS- I'm getting sleepy, perhaps it's time for a wee nap.

Holy #### you are my Dad that is the same story mom brings up from time to time. Well you might be proud following the same path literally (and it wild and fun as ****). Resume is not that impressive but working on it. Stop in some time my place is new as well but you win with jail bait and the cougar catcher. There is a soft leather chair rather large entertainment system. I reserved an expensive old bottle just in case we ever cross paths.

And you can rant all you want I’ll gladly listen

Have a good nap I’ll be out kick’n ***

Cheers old timer thanks for breaking trail, sorry I got your blood pressure up!!

I still want to through more mud are you ok with that?

Holy #### you are my Dad that is the same story mom brings up from time to time. Well you might be proud following the same path literally (and it wild and fun as ****). Resume is not that impressive but working on it. Stop in some time my place is new as well but you win with jail bait and the cougar catcher. There is a soft leather chair rather large entertainment system. I reserved an expensive old bottle just in case we ever cross paths.

And you can rant all you want I’ll gladly listen

Have a good nap I’ll be out kick’n ***

Cheers old timer thanks for breaking trail, sorry I got your blood pressure up!!

I still want to through more mud are you ok with that?

You Betcha Kid, and I'll take you up on the bottle thing. :up: :up:

PS-Tell you Mom I still think of her! :P:P