Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Oh Really!

What a goofy thread! :rolleyes: You'd all be yuckin' it up and slappin' each others' backs were this taking place in a pub over pints. :PHey, Twinnie...good on you!

P.S. I didn't realized "real men" = busted teeth and mashed noses? :lol: Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the NHL. Learn sumptin' new every day 'round here!

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All Bull Shiiit!

And as for L3 backing out of the pad! Whoopty doo! When you can long line a Microwave dish with two guys hanging off a tower at 9000' in high and hot power limited conditions. Or you can land crews into confined areas in deep snow on the side of a mountain at 7000' at max gross in the dead of winter with crappy winds and white out fun all the way and no pre prepared flag all day, well then I will be willing to listen. So get your degree and go work for the NHL. ( not to be confused with the real NHL where ther real men are! :up:

The fact is that: if you cannot cut it in the commercial industry where skills are at a premium, fill thy boots and fly around in circles and lick booty all day to protect your pathetic job and crappy salary. Each to his own I guess. :rolleyes:

Lots of the guys who are with Niagara have "been there done that". Rather then proving the size of their "collective" in the bush with the so called "real men", maybe they prefer to take their collective home everynight to their wife.

I've done both ENG/city flying and bush work......they both come with their own skill sets you need to put to work.

Think we need some more Rod to calm the mood in here....any requests?

R22

Oh sure, I am on a wicked rotation 3 and 3 and sometimes 4 and if I don't feel like working I "tell" ops that I am skipping a rotation, disconnect my telephone to pay a little xtra time with family. You would be out of your mind to quite a job that pays 200K+ per year as a contratcor to go work with the NHL. Please dude "been there done that". I know very few heavy pilots that just quit and go work for the NHL. You statement is a little general. Maybe as aretirment job in their 50's part time between trips to the house in the Bahamas. :rolleyes:

What company was that? Bet the pay is at least 150K per year :rolleyes: Oh no what have I done :lol:

:rolleyes:

I have 6 simple rules for running a flight department:

(1) Hire smart, motivated people.

(2) Give them the best training you can afford.

(3) Give them the best aircraft you can afford.

(4) Give them clear instructions as to what you expect of them.

(5) Get the **** out of the way and let them do their job.

(6) Be there if they really need you.

This has worked well for me for many years.

But note rule number 1:

If you don't get that bit right, you end up with well-trained, well-equiped, well-directed ........................ stupid pilots.

Always a formula for success.

I have 6 simple rules for running a flight department:

(1) Hire smart, motivated people.

(2) Give them the best training you can afford.

(3) Give them the best aircraft you can afford.

(4) Give them clear instructions as to what you expect of them.

(5) Get the **** out of the way and let them do their job.

(6) Be there if they really need you.

This has worked well for me for many years.

But note rule number 1:

If you don't get that bit right, you end up with well-trained, well-equiped, well-directed ........................ stupid pilots.

Always a formula for success. .

Great I need 150K per year, and I will fully fulfill rule 1. My PPC on the 61 is current, do you have a 200' long line.?

R22

Oh sure, I am on a wicked rotation 3 and 3 and sometimes 4 and if I don't feel like working I "tell" ops that I am skipping a rotation, disconnect my telephone to pay a little xtra time with family. You would be out of your mind to quite a job that pays 200K+ per year as a contratcor to go work with the NHL. Please dude "been there done that". I know very few heavy pilots that just quit and go work for the NHL. You statement is a little general. Maybe as aretirment job in their 50's part time between trips to the house in the Bahamas. :rolleyes:

If I were asked to guess whether you are an IFR guy or a logger I would guess ....... what?