Oh Really!

3000Hrs IFR, any more questions Old Dog? Mostly 61, but also some 76.

No wories L3, Watch the critical wind azimuth, and load your disc. Being from the older generation before we had lots of power to play with , I have always said that if you learn to fly a jetbox well, you are on your way. Sweet dreams!

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who said anything about Canada. ? :blink: But ya its quiet in Canada now,she'll pickup before long. Most of the guys I know have an IFR anyway and if the logging or domestic work is slow there is always something somewhere going on. No worries lots of money in the bank.! It will be a cold day in **** before I work for anybody who is going to lecture me at my age about attitude, I get even more scared when the word "profesional" emerges . This indicate too immediatly that there is a possible control freak or a domination relationship theme . Keep the head games for the young guys where at least there is a chance your going to get away with it. ;):rolleyes:

I'm done! I'll blast off to Cuba for few weeks. Cubra lbre! hmmm.

R22

Oh sure, I am on a wicked rotation 3 and 3 and sometimes 4 and if I don't feel like working I "tell" ops that I am skipping a rotation, disconnect my telephone to pay a little xtra time with family. You would be out of your mind to quite a job that pays 200K+ per year as a contratcor to go work with the NHL. Please dude "been there done that". I know very few heavy pilots that just quit and go work for the NHL. You statement is a little general. Maybe as aretirment job in their 50's part time between trips to the house in the Bahamas. :rolleyes:

I'm not questioning your level of ability or experience. Or trying to exploit mine. Just saying i know guys who love working (or worked) at nhl.

I work 2 on 2 off right now. works great for me. Some would say your nuts for leaving 200k a year...and i agree with you. But some have their reasons for doing so. To each their own my friend.

But let's not knock those who do and are making a fair wage while living a lifestyle they chose. You and I chose to work away for X number of days a year. They choose not to....and to get a degree. So be it.... :punk:

R22

Dude, anyody who supports a company that is ignorant enough to post a requirement as they did namely a requirement for a degree .basically means "we don't want you without one" It's a snobby arrogant,elitest bullshiiit, and what it really means is that if you don't show up in some preppy pink shirt and speak with an educated rich boy attitude we don't want you. Further to this its a complete insult to some the industries most senior guys who don't have a degree.

You get what you give!Amigo!

HF

It's a snobby arrogant,elitest bullshiiit, and what it really means is that if you don't show up in some preppy pink shirt and speak with an educated rich boy attitude we don't want you.

So lets see if I got this right...

You go to the bank, friends, loan sharks or where ever you can and borrow money to start a helicopter company.

Then you buy some very expensive equipment to operate.

Then you lay awake at night, planning your excuses for maybe missing a payment or two.

Then you explain to your family why there is no: food, shelter, presents etc.

Then you hire a bunch of pilots and engineers so they can have the previous line.

Then you... (insert whatever)

But you CAN'T specify or post the requirements for working at your company??

And you CAN'T run it the way you want to, because someone else thinks it's wrong??

Pull you head out of your lower orifice and realize that he (they) CAN do whatever they want, demand whatever qualifications they want, and have the right to do so.

If you don't happen to like it, cross them off your list and move on.

Maybe we should adopt a new employee motto: ITNAAIMI (I tna ami)

"If It's Not All About Me, I'm Not Interested"

Forgive my intrusion, but tough economic times call for tough economic measures. Employers are trying to be innovative in candidate selection because they can be. I'd go a step further and say they want the most qualifications possible for their money...you know, biggest bang for their buck. P*ss and moan all you want, but requirements are requirements. It is what it is and welcome to the 21st century. :shock:

In any industry, employers may look at a degree as a sign of higher learning/educational commitment and/or a gauge of the ability for one to finish what he/she started. It's also being used as a gauge to determine a candidate's ability/flexibility to be an asset on the business side of operations...clearly important in a global market, but beneficial in a local market, too.

Has nothing to do with elitism, wealth, arrogance, etc., IMHO. You already know that when you're hired as a pilot, your duties are far broader than driving/flying, yes? :rolleyes: I mean, even I know that!

*Sigh* My work here is done...runnin' along now...bomb away... :P

Forgive my intrusion, but tough economic times call for tough economic measures. Employers are trying to be innovative in candidate selection because they can be. I'd go a step further and say they want the most qualifications possible for their money...you know, biggest bang for their buck. P*ss and moan all you want, but requirements are requirements. It is what it is and welcome to the 21st century. :shock:

In any industry, employers may look at a degree as a sign of higher learning/educational commitment and/or a gauge of the ability for one to finish what he/she started. It's also being used as a gauge to determine a candidate's ability/flexibility to be an asset on the business side of operations...clearly important in a global market, but beneficial in a local market, too.

Has nothing to do with elitism, wealth, arrogance, etc., IMHO. You already know that when you're hired as a pilot, your duties are far broader than driving/flying, yes? :rolleyes: I mean, even I know that!

*Sigh* My work here is done...runnin' along now...bomb away... :P

"VIVA LA BOMBAAAAA!!!" :lol:

R22

Dude, anyody who supports a company that is ignorant enough to post a requirement as they did namely a requirement for a degree .basically means "we don't want you without one" It's a snobby arrogant,elitest bullshiiit, and what it really means is that if you don't show up in some preppy pink shirt and speak with an educated rich boy attitude we don't want you. Further to this its a complete insult to some the industries most senior guys who don't have a degree.

You get what you give!Amigo!

HF

Give me a break, happyfeet... this is out and out stirring the pot of ####... i had a modicum of respect for when you asked me to delete your CHL stock post and did so.. please do not make me regret having done so!! <_< <_<

i don't have a diploma in my industry and guess what, i don't have the opportunity to bid on some positions because of it... you'll also notice that many companies will also state that an equivalent of experience, etc may be considered..