Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Oh Really!

Funny you mention fat chicks. On my air canada flight the other day, even if the pilots used standard empty weights for the women (and men for that matter), our fully loaded 737 would have been severely over weight. Do they have load cells on the landing gear or what? P.S , I truly love these pissing match"s, very entertaining. Merry Christmass

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The boyz from NHL are strangely quite on this matter

......well , what was your thinking when you created the infamous "Pilot Wanted" ad. ?

Have you filled the postion(s) with a suitably educated candidate.....or has there been a lack of qualified individuals applying.

Is this a full time or part time position?

Do any of the pilots there now have a degree?....including yourself?

Will they need to get one to keep their job?

What would you want to see a degree in?

Do you care what university granted the degree?

What are your qualification for your job$

Is a degree required for promotion......(to what I don't know, maybe "second in command")

Does the AME hiring protocal require a degree?

Will you help to pay tuition if employees need to get a degree to keep employment?

Does a degree mean they can expect to earn more money?

Would you invite unionization of the workplace?

Do you offer maternity leave?

Is there a retirement plan....(other than for you and Reudi)

Do you offer sick benefits and health care?

Is there a profit sharing program?

Do you encourage dialogue and criticism from staff without fear of termination?

Do you think that you offer a happy and friendly working environment? HAPPY = SAFE

Would you say that your pilots are enthusiastic about their job with NHL?

What has the flight crew turn over rate been in the last 2 / 5 / 10 years?

Has NHL ever been a defendant in a wrongful dismissal law suit?

Has NHL ever taken legal action against an employee?

Do you feel that you can treat a university educated candidate like a valuable adult member of the team, with respect for their academic achievements and professional qualifications and not with the contempt, verbal abuse and disrespect that some egomaniacal employers in this industry have been known to exhibit ?

Can you provide references?

"You can tell the quality of a man by the way he treats his animals" Masi proverb.

The boyz from NHL are strangely quite on this matter

......well , what was your thinking when you created the infamous "Pilot Wanted" ad. ?

Have you filled the postion(s) with a suitably educated candidate.....or has there been a lack of qualified individuals applying.

Is this a full time or part time position?

Do any of the pilots there now have a degree?....including yourself?

Will they need to get one to keep their job?

What would you want to see a degree in?

Do you care what university granted the degree?

What are your qualification for your job$

Is a degree required for promotion......(to what I don't know, maybe "second in command")

Does the AME hiring protocal require a degree?

Will you help to pay tuition if employees need to get a degree to keep employment?

Does a degree mean they can expect to earn more money?

Would you invite unionization of the workplace?

Do you offer maternity leave?

Is there a retirement plan....(other than for you and Reudi)

Do you offer sick benefits and health care?

Is there a profit sharing program?

Do you encourage dialogue and criticism from staff without fear of termination?

Do you think that you offer a happy and friendly working environment? HAPPY = SAFE

Would you say that your pilots are enthusiastic about their job with NHL?

What has the flight crew turn over rate been in the last 2 / 5 / 10 years?

Has NHL ever been a defendant in a wrongful dismissal law suit?

Has NHL ever taken legal action against an employee?

Do you feel that you can treat a university educated candidate like a valuable adult member of the team, with respect for their academic achievements and professional qualifications and not with the contempt, verbal abuse and disrespect that some egomaniacal employers in this industry have been known to exhibit ?

Can you provide references?

"You can tell the quality of a man by the way he treats his animals" Masi proverb.

I would imagine the boys from the NHL are silently using this thread to compile a list of people they must never hire.

This thread is a great example of that ever increasingly rare commodity 'common sense'.

Common sense will tell you to dismiss the degree requirement for what it is. That is to make those people with low self esteem dismiss themselves as candidates because they feel they are not academic enough. When in reality academia has no real place in a job which entails flying in the same circle all day.

On another subject could you imagine a highly trained professional accepting gratuities from the general public like some common taxi driver or Red Lobster server?????

When in reality academia has no real place in a job which entails flying in the same circle all day.

:punk: someone who has posted thier opinion in a respectable fashion! bravo! are you sure you don't want to join the happy twins and throw in an "anti-christ" or a "university jerk" comment? hahaha

I would imagine the boys from the NHL are silently using this thread to compile a list of people they must never hire.

This thread is a great example of that ever increasingly rare commodity 'common sense'.

Common sense will tell you to dismiss the degree requirement for what it is. That is to make those people with low self esteem dismiss themselves as candidates because they feel they are not academic enough. When in reality academia has no real place in a job which entails flying in the same circle all day.

On another subject could you imagine a highly trained professional accepting gratuities from the general public like some common taxi driver or Red Lobster server?????

Good call Wiggins, The whole thing is absurd! As far as them compiling a list, no kidding. I would be very surpised if there was any real job security, and huge benefits etc. Turnover is probably also a problem, BTW its never a problem with MGMT. It's just that nobody is good enough :rolleyes: People management is the hardest part of running any company. A company with huge turn over and there are quite few companies with such problems. The irony is that they are unable to fix the problem most of the time because the managers have thier heads so far up thier arses or are complete egomaniacs.

High staff turnover = crappy management!

I don't think we should waste any more time with these cretins. Its a low end flying job. Probably good for a 100hr pilot to get some basic experience in a structured setting. It's not a career job unless you are setting your expectations really low.

Maybe next time they go looking for crew, they'll be more reasonable.

HF

Hey R22 Captain- Thought you were bansihed to Wabaska :shock:

High staff turnover = crap management. Funny how the crap management can never see that it could somehow be their doing. :down:

It goes against my better judgement, but I sort of have to agree with you on that one.

Well I just got a very turse PM from the Captain of the NHL, Guess we hit a raw nerve :lol:

Oh and fellas, carefull who you agree with you might be told to check with your inner child! :lol::lol:

Unreal, OhhhhOhhhhh, can't stop laughing... Ohhhhhhhohhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhh!