Tips For Winter Ops

on a 205 so I would just increase power slightly and do a little tail wiggle to make the machine shift a small amount to make sure both skids are free before trying to lift off.

You can also rock fore and aft. Up on the toes and back on the heels, NOT side to side.. Not a lot, but enough to clearly indicate you are free. (1/2 inch is plenty of lift each end) Less strain if you have heavy feet, on the Tail Boom.

Also, not so much of a chance to roll over sideways in case only one come free...

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how do you suppose you can build a heated hanger in the middle of nowhere, when doing winter siesmic. Funny how competent operators and crews can work in the winter in remote areas and be very succesfull because they have a clue what they are doing. Isn't this also what this thread is about? How do you work in the winter and what tips can you share with the rest of the industry? Thats what I see when I read the above posts. Also, do you quit flying because its snowing? In Canada???!!! :lol::D

Crank the cabin heat, drop the yellow visor, crank up the Sirius and be happy you are inside and not out!

An ounce of prevention;

It's all about the prep, take the time to wrap up your machine properly. Nothing worse than being out there at 1am after you get back from town, scraping ice from the freezing rain that occured while you were away, all so you can fly at 7am.

Oh and be nice to your engineer!

post-1687-1229182697_thumb.jpg

post-1687-1229182797_thumb.jpg