Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Machine Missing Near Rupert

canuck

I spent a little over three years in the Terrace/Rupert area. Very beautiful, but very unforgiving due to fog combined with the snow this time of the year. My deepest sympathies to the folks at Lakelse Air and the camp. That's not far from where we lost Dwayne 18 months ago.

RH

I just spoke to a few friends in Terrace, the fellow had been working for the Munsons for about a year and a half. Left a wife and 18 month old daughter behind. :( He's originally from North Vancouver. A logging supervisor that had been trained to fly the R22. Relatively good weather, but high winds were reported in the area.

RH

Those "Arctic Outflows" can be brutal. There were days that I went home with black and blue bruises on my shoulders from the straps holding me in the Astar. Typically, a day where the temps were about 20 degrees cooler in Smithers than on the coast just an hour away. That cold flow of air shooting down the Bulkley and Skeena Valleys can have quite a punch when they hit Terrace and Rupert.

RH