Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Another Winter Question....

Thanks for the post and the "link". It looks like a cozy suit and maybe the one peice is less bulky than a bib pant and a jacket. I,m wondering if it is flame resistant?

I did price out a Canada Goose "Resolute" jacket and it was about $575.

Does anyone wear the Helly Hanson "blue" suit with the reflective tapes on it?

Right now i am wearing an old pair of insulated BeauDrill coveralls but they are showing their age so i have to think about replacing them.

Have also bought a neopreen mask which keeps the face warm, yeaterday it was only about -25 but a good test for it. It does get a bit wet from all the huffing and puffing but what can you do.

Just personal preference, but the one piece suit is too bulky. After the machine warms up and you still have the one piece on, she gets a little warm. Turn off the heat, and then the pax in the back are complaining they're froze. At least with the 2 piece you can put the jacket on when you're shut down. As for the Hellys, I wear the 2 piece and find them pretty good.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey guys /gals, just remember whatever the climatic conditions, should you have a mis-hap you will more than likely get out with the clothes on your back.

I have exited a burning a/c at -44 without a jacket and survived overnight.

Ever try and get clothes out of a burning A/C????

Exited an a/c underwater in the spring wearing a nomex flight suit and leather jacket, survived.

Ever try and get a life jacket or immersion suit on, under water ?????

Fly safe.

Cheers, Don

I have exited a burning a/c at -44 without a jacket and survived overnight.

Crashed beside the hanger? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Exited an a/c underwater in the spring wearing a nomex flight suit and leather jacket, survived.

Underwater egress training??

Just kidding Don, I could't help myself. :down: :down:

Cheers, Don

SP:

The first one I was wearing an RCAF full winter flight suit with mouton collar and two sleeping bags got thrown out of the Piasecki H21 when it split in two. The two bags were opened up and four guys got cozy.

The second one, I did end up with a broken back, but doesn't hurt when floating in the water and Jet A1 fuel. Hurts like heck when somebody trys to help you out, easier to crawl.

Cheers, Don

SP:

The first one I was wearing an RCAF full winter flight suit with mouton collar and two sleeping bags got thrown out of the Piasecki H21 when it split in two. The two bags were opened up and four guys got cozy.

The second one, I did end up with a broken back, but doesn't hurt when floating in the water and Jet A1 fuel. Hurts like heck when somebody trys to help you out, easier to crawl.

Cheers, Don

Piasecki H21?? Jeez, now I am impressed!! The Airdales always did get the best. As you know Don we Hairybags were stuck with the old HUP-3's. So-So machine, but an absolute B-tch to rig!!

My Best

Splitpin