Top 5 Hardest Jobd

bs205

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From my personal experiance in the industry, on the commercial side of things, both as a pilot and engineer I have to take my lid of to all the wrenchs in the business, because yes it is a tough job to do. And without a good wrench we wouldn't be able to do the other hardest flying type of stuff.

[*]Heli Logging

[*]Heli Portable Mountains

[*]Heli Skiing

[*]Sysmic Bags

[*]Forestry Crap

[*]Front End Sysmic

But hey, thats just my opinion.

I would have to second the grapple logging in small wood one. Especially trying to be productive when doing it.

Another tough one was trying to be productive moving seismic rigs at 8000 feet when it was 24'C up that high with little wind and a freaking torque gauge that we later found out was reading high so I was trying to do it all day with only 52 psi...

Another one that was challenging in the past was running bags in the mountains with and Astar and one of the less efficient types of auto bag pickers. Especially with one of the little companies who never seem to have proper length lanyards. It was kind of like trying to tie your shoes with your *** all day long.

Wasn't fun.

And don't forget your poor Engineer who had to change your diapers and wipe your tears at Manning. :P:P

Thanks again "S" for the good couple of tours last summer. :up: :up:

Have a good Christmas "S"

Your worst nightmare

Splitpin

P.S.--Heard you moved on. True??

Hey thanks "J"

Ya...i moved on to an IFR job for the winter...sounds like it was a smart move with the current situation in the industry. happy new yr to you too.

an i have another...well i wouldnt say hard job, but definitely a visual and mental excercise.....anyone whos had to drop/pick chokers on a 200ft line, from a choker float in the middle of the chuck on a flat calm day. Its like a postage stamp floating in space an very difficult to judge even if you follow the booms to it. ive seen 20000hr chinook pilots drag the hook through the water 2-3 times before getting it to the chasers. (kinda like the first trip on a drill move in near whiteout conditions)

Guest Bullet Remington

Definitely some "hard"jobs noted here.

The hardest, for me anyway was walking away from aviation! After 36 years in the racket, I was mentally fatiqued.Not from the work, but from the constant negogiating of salaries/contracts.

During those 36 tears, I can't honestly state that I've seen either the working conditions or salaries improve at a pace so that us wrenchbenders could stay on par with the cost of living!

Add in the constant struggles for parts, support and it was time I walked away!

Back to my roots now, wrenching on vehicles, a private fleet. No arguements about equipment, no issues with the pay, no bush work,they bring the machine to me, I can take time of with pay at any time, and my shop vehicle is a H2! Throw in a supportive ( and rich) boss and life is great!

But, I would be lying though my teeth if I said I didn't miss the aviation racket! I still do the ocassional flight and maintenance activities, but both the helicopter, the Bonanza and the Cheyenne belong to the boss and he pays all my expenses as well!!

Good Luck to those facing the lay-offs and cut backs this year! Hope to god things work out for yáll!

BR

Definitely some "hard"jobs noted here.

The hardest, for me anyway was walking away from aviation! After 36 years in the racket, I was mentally fatiqued.Not from the work, but from the constant negogiating of salaries/contracts.

During those 36 tears, I can't honestly state that I've seen either the working conditions or salaries improve at a pace so that us wrenchbenders could stay on par with the cost of living!

Add in the constant struggles for parts, support and it was time I walked away!

Back to my roots now, wrenching on vehicles, a private fleet. No arguements about equipment, no issues with the pay, no bush work,they bring the machine to me, I can take time of with pay at any time, and my shop vehicle is a H2! Throw in a supportive ( and rich) boss and life is great!

But, I would be lying though my teeth if I said I didn't miss the aviation racket! I still do the ocassional flight and maintenance activities, but both the helicopter, the Bonanza and the Cheyenne belong to the boss and he pays all my expenses as well!!

Good Luck to those facing the lay-offs and cut backs this year! Hope to god things work out for yáll!

BR

Phhttt!! :D:D