Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Work Permit Freeze

To the HAPPY COUPLE

I think The Guy has used most of his posts on this thread and the feet has got a problem with the industry in general, In general I would think Canadian companies would hire Ca pilots first when there are plenty around but I doubt when things have just started to get tough and Ca pilots get laid off that companies are not going to sack the 'Outsiders" who has been going about his job with out whinning just so a local can have his seat .

And I also think the industry is very lucky to have someone like Happyfeet ( YEAH RITE ) going in to bat for them with the officals and the fact that he has a problem with outsiders and the industry as a whole and will probably go on to them as he has carried on here , The officials will think " I see why the companies apply for the permits if our pilots carry on like this to there chief pilot, in fact Happyfeet you could just send them the link to this thread and tell them your alias save you a phone call

Hmmm may be a good time to apply for a permit, 1 hour after your call to them.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To the HAPPY COUPLE

I think The Guy has used most of his posts on this thread and the feet has got a problem with the industry in general, In general I would think Canadian companies would hire Ca pilots first when there are plenty around but I doubt when things have just started to get tough and Ca pilots get laid off that companies are not going to sack the 'Outsiders" who has been going about his job with out whinning just so a local can have his seat .

And I also think the industry is very lucky to have someone like Happyfeet ( YEAH RITE ) going in to bat for them with the officals and the fact that he has a problem with outsiders and the industry as a whole and will probably go on to them as he has carried on here , The officials will think " I see why the companies apply for the permits if our pilots carry on like this to there chief pilot, in fact Happyfeet you could just send them the link to this thread and tell them your alias save you a phone call

Hmmm may be a good time to apply for a permit, 1 hour after your call to them.

:rolleyes: HF

well...you know what? it's my second year as a member now , and I'm still not able to go to the forum.

many e-mail was sent with the same anser every time, sooooo any douts???? yes sir, still concern about what their doing with my money....

HEPAC is a very nice machine....."witout an engine".

If you wanna know, i'M very irritated about them an i'm not the only one.

the thread you gave is unreadable... "you do not have permision to enter the site" the told...

HEPAC....just a bit more, and we will calle it TOTAL FAILURE.

Second year as a member?? And you paid your dues for the second year without having access to the forums?? Hmmmm.

Here is the link to the forums. http://hepac.org/forum/index.php?act=login "IF" in fact you are a member, and you use your real name as supplied to HEPAC upon joining and you use the password supplied to you by HEPAC upon membership acceptence you shouldn't have a problem.

Just out of curiosity, what answer are they giving you "every time"

I understand your point! Just curious, how long have you worked in the industry??

HF

Certainly not as long as you judging from your other post's! 6-7 years now. I know there's a lot things I haven't seen/experienced.

But....I don't take bullsh$t...I call a spade a spade....I know when someone is pulling the wool over my eyes...or someone else's. I know there are lots of very unprofessional people out there, pilots and management alike. I'm not in denial by any means.

I guess what I was refering to in my "caaviation" topic, is that when I was a lowtimer on here, I held a lot of the previously mentioned members in high standing, and still do.Heck their advice, tips, mannerisms etc on the industry were something I always in held in my back pocket. I learned not to work for nothing. Regard yourself as a professional and never forget it. All sounds corny I know. :rolleyes: But those were the days when I was striving get the heck out of university and get to flight school. I still hold those same values.

Now we have the likes of Daz over in the training forums being subjected to the childish behaviour on here. Is this the impression he leave with our 100 hour guys? To go out in the field and complain from day 1 and have a piss poor attitude towards the industry for the next 45 years because already driven in their heads are that you don't want to work in Quebec, hate and chase out every foreign pilot we meet, the industry is total garbage etc. Or do we, as members and experienced pilots, be constructive and pass on the facts and the truth in a respectful manner.

This is where I first learned about the industry. So have many others and many more to come. Hopefully these guys can separate the bull from the facts :punk:

QUOTE (sling @ Jan 16 2009, 12:39 PM)

well...you know what? it's my second year as a member now , and I'm still not able to go to the forum.

many e-mail was sent with the same anser every time, sooooo any douts???? yes sir, still concern about what their doing with my money....

the thread you gave is unreadable... "you do not have permision to enter the site" the told...

Second year as a member?? And you paid your dues for the second year without having access to the forums?? Hmmmm.

Here is the link to the forums. http://hepac.org/forum/index.php?act=login "IF" in fact you are a member, and you use your real name as supplied to HEPAC upon joining and you use the password supplied to you by HEPAC upon membership acceptence you shouldn't have a problem.

Just out of curiosity, what answer are they giving you "every time"

Just did some HEPAC membership checking sling. It seems the first members joined on May 1,2008.

That's only 8 months ago. Could you explain to me how you are in you "second" year of HEPAC membership???

post-3781-1232142700_thumb.jpg

Loathe as I am to comment, I might as well jump in. This is a business, one that provides a service as required. The only one big difference that I can see is that it it VERY EMOTIONALLY linked. I have a few ideas why, one being that it is not so much what you do, but what you are, and that the mis-concieved notion that a pilot is something special seems to be the dominant one. Especially with new guys and their friends. You know what I mean. Everyone wants to get out there and show how good you are. It's when you get there that reality jumps in. I have a very very vivid mental image of a very new pilot from another company that I bumped inot up north. He was dumped in a native village without notice, had been there for four days, and looked completely beaten and dazed. Welcome to "there". I gave him the entire contents of my day bag because he had nothing with him, including a change of clothing. Then theres loyalty. It's an interesting trait, but one that should be defined as doing what you agreed to do, for the period you agreed too do it for. Don't get emotionally attached to where you are. I have worked for 12 companies minimum. Not one still exists. So you're setting yourself up for a fall. When they lay you off, it is probably just as hard for them as you, because to lay you off means there are bigger problems in the works. It doesn't pay to let you staff go just to save a few bucks, it makes re-starting difficult for the managment as well. There are, of course, junk companies that fo it, but they kind of stick out anyway. I knew something was up in the middle of last summer. I'm not brilliant, I just remembered that feeling from before, and ****, I was right. But now, here's whats probably going to happen. The experienced guys will get bumped back because of a lack of work which means the new guys who were experienceing a forced shortage of two years ago, are going to be bumped way back (Did the schools tell you this, by the by?) The customers are still going to demand the higher degree of experience due to litigation and union demands to mitigate risk, so they're behind another 8 ball. If there's not enough work, the experienced guys will fade away, freating a temporary adjustment that will create a shortage later, but with no solution due to the customer demand. Then there will be a critical shortage much later. Remember, nothings getting easier or are they backing off on increased demands for experience. The only event that seems to be completely reccesion proof is fire fighting. It is and always will be the great learning environment. I can't believe how few fires there were. By then, the low time guys that couldn't hang on will be off to new careers, and the NEXT generation of new pilots will be there. (And the schools prosper) As an aside, probably the worst thing to happen to all these new pilots was the invention of the robinson. Just cheap enough to allow those that shouldn't have trained, to do so. When you see high time guys on the other helicopter site posting availability for work-take note! This is not a negative post. I am simply stating some obvious points. Sometimes I hate this business for the way it chews people up and spits them out.

Certainly not as long as you judging from your other post's! 6-7 years now. I know there's a lot things I haven't seen/experienced.

But....I don't take bullsh$t...I call a spade a spade....I know when someone is pulling the wool over my eyes...or someone else's. I know there are lots of very unprofessional people out there, pilots and management alike. I'm not in denial by any means.

I guess what I was refering to in my "caaviation" topic, is that when I was a lowtimer on here, I held a lot of the previously mentioned members in high standing, and still do.Heck their advice, tips, mannerisms etc on the industry were something I always in held in my back pocket. I learned not to work for nothing. Regard yourself as a professional and never forget it. All sounds corny I know. :rolleyes: But those were the days when I was striving get the heck out of university and get to flight school. I still hold those same values.

Now we have the likes of Daz over in the training forums being subjected to the childish behaviour on here. Is this the impression he leave with our 100 hour guys? To go out in the field and complain from day 1 and have a piss poor attitude towards the industry for the next 45 years because already driven in their heads are that you don't want to work in Quebec, hate and chase out every foreign pilot we meet, the industry is total garbage etc. Or do we, as members and experienced pilots, be constructive and pass on the facts and the truth in a respectful manner.

This is where I first learned about the industry. So have many others and many more to come. Hopefully these guys can separate the bull from the facts :punk:

Well R22, I am afraid that people are going to get upset when the screws are on. It's human nature. I don't want to get into a lenghty discussion about 'ALL" the things that need fixing. One step at a time. It's important that Canadan jobs are somewhat protected for the time being.

For 2009 there will be no lack of Canadian skilled pilots . So we don't need anyone right now.Simple.

There will be far less work in 2009 as well. Fires or no fires!

There are many charcters in this business some are great people, other well ,not so great. My apolgies if it seemed as though I was painting the whole lot with the same brush.

HF

QUOTE (sling @ Jan 16 2009, 12:39 PM)

the thread you gave is unreadable... "you do not have permission to enter the site" the told...

Just did some HEPAC membership checking sling. It seems the first members joined on May 1,2008.

That's only 8 months ago. Could you explain to me how you are in you "second" year of HEPAC membership???

split man, please gimme a break... i'm crying out loud to get acces to the forum since day one.. and i cant be more honest that i am right now telling you that I've been sending a check for my second years as a supposed member...

if you don't believe this I'm willing to get the 2 checks back from my bank and I'll send it to you scanned...

always send it at the address in Toronto.

Now tell me , em i gonna be able to go on the forum or not? you seems to have prime access to this hole mess, can you fix that for me.?

i haved received by e-mail more then once a confirmation of an a temporary access code that i have to validate, which i did, to my surprise it was not working, forum telling me that all membership have to be authorized before getting free access,which is okay, after that ,,, no more, and all from them.

also tryed to rote them what the problem was, anser..... we are working on it, so do i.

if you had your first member 8 month ago,than before that trust me , I've been scammed or something.

As soon as i hurd about hepac, on aeroads, i tried to became a member.

cant be more disappointed than that.

i'll PM you my pseudo name and also my personnel info if you need it.

cheers.

AH1

Don't get emotionally attached to where you are. I have worked for 12 companies minimum. Not one still exists."

Oh I get it your the guy the one putting everybody out of business, :shock:

Just kidding, couldn't resist :lol::lol::lol:

Quiz: Kenting, Quasar, Liftair, Canwest, Associated, Peace, Viking, Shirley, Terr-Air, Sealand,Okanagan,Vancouver Helicopters,Alberta Government Services, Nationwide,

Sad to see some go, some needed to go.