Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Work Permit Freeze

Remember the old saying after the Swedes let the Germans into Norway via the "back door"

Ten tousand Svedes--running troo ze veeds--chased by vun Norwegian!!

Love it!!

You know what they say about the Swedes?

Its probably the same they say about the Americans.

They have good neighbors :punk:

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hepac would be well advised to include ALL of us in their proceeses rather than hiding away from those who are less than sure of the benefits a membership can offer.

Perhaps it would encourage others to join if we were all allowed to "observe" their procedures, as guests.

So far I haven't seen anything they have done to benefit the industry.

But then how would I know.....I can't read anything on their web site.

Not a real smart post there Happyguy!!

HEPAC forums are a private members only forum. Get it?? "PRIVATE" Why would they open their forums to "observers" just so they could be slagged on other forums like this one over something the "guest" did not agree with??

Do you think you can have a taste of a steak in a restaraunt before you order it, or take a taste from a bottle of wine in a liquor store before you buy it?? The world doesn't work that way.

If you want access to the HEPAC forums, join up!! After all it's only $68.00. I'm sure a person of your caliber and vast experience can afford that paltry amount.

HEPAC forums are a private members only forum. Get it?? "PRIVATE" Why would they open their forums to "observers" just so they could be slagged on other forums like this one over something the "guest" did not agree with??

Do you think you can have a taste of a steak in a restaraunt before you order it, or take a taste from a bottle of wine in a liquor store before you buy it?? The world doesn't work that way.

If you want access to the HEPAC forums, join up!! After all it's only $68.00. I'm sure a person of your caliber and vast experience can afford that paltry amount.

What are you guys so afraid of sharing? If you want more members give us a platform.

R-22 Capt. I'd like to know in your experience as a pilot have you been overlooked for advancement by a person out of country? If you have did you think it was right? I'm also not talking a 10000 hr pilot when you had 500 hrs. I'm talking 1200 to 1500 range you being the 1200.

The cream always rises to the top of the jug. It doesn't matter what country the milk came from.

Can you imagine the fix our country would be in if we only promoted or hired "born in Canada" Canadians??

What are you guys so afraid of sharing? If you want more members give us a platform.

HUH??? Jeez shakey!! What part of joining an organization in order to have a voice in it don't you understand??? That applys to HEPAC, as well as C.A.L.P.A., H.A.C., Any Union, Boy Scouts, Girl Guides. EVERYTHING HEPAC stands for is right on their web page. For the last tims--here is the link:

JEEZ!!! I'm just spinning my wheels with these people!!

http://www.hepac.org/

I'm an engineer, born in Canada. I need pilots to fly/ screw up the machine so I have something to do and get paid. I live and work in the northern oil fields. Most pilots do not want to venture up here. I've seen the resumes every month and there ain't a boat load of Canadians beating down the door to come up here. In the long run this freeze is going to put a freeze on my check, and I'm Canadian. So it's help a Canadian pilot to screw over a Canadian engineer? I'm all on board for nationalism, until you screw with my bottom line. What about all the company time and trust we've invested in these valued employees who've helped us build a reputation?

Guest SidewallPuncture

so really??? only $68 lets me in the door and I can go slag away on other forums anyway? what a sweet deal. sign me up.

you make no sense for the most part. I love the disagreement issue...Its looking more like you have to tow the line to be a member. Is my valued opinion and vast experience not good enough to add to the discussion?

HEPAC has a serious membership issue, sure some say it's gaining steam, but **** dude, at this rate we're looking at 10 years + before it gets enough ooomph to move anywhere.

Somebody needs to make the decision to open up a little more and let the agenda be the selling point...a meager website and a private forum ain't cutting it.

It's going to be an awefully small and narrow minded boys club until you get the members you need to make a difference.

You listening Bob????