Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Work Permit Freeze

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Angry Egg Driver
work permit freeze my a**, i arrived 2 days ago, work permit for a year no worries.

if you got the time no problem, its great to be an antipodean!!

With an attitude like that i'm sure you will be really well liked in Canada.

Maxtorqe - I don't know you, and I don't care if I do. Shut The Phuk Up. You can keep your slanderous sh*t to yourself. I am a high time pilot, so I speak from experience. For a break one summer, I did a contract with those guys. I spent five months there doing all the stuff you don't see in their tour business, Parks, Forestry, Medi-Vacs, Oil and Gas. And I had fun flying the tours as well, because I met some very interesting people as passengers and customers. And guess what, a-hole-I had a great time. Great facilities, new guys who no one else would give a first chance to, and they were a pleasure to be around. By the way, when were you there to give your personal take on things? Does the company you own/work for give ten new guys their first break? Are they paid? Yes, they are paid for what they are worth at 100 hrs, but I never heard them complain about it, too busy being happy. The owner is running a business, and it's very successful. He kept 4 pilots on for the winter this year, the ones that have built up over the last two years about 450-500 hrs. And guess what, you tool, their pay went up as well. La de da. The guys coming out of there will be a genuine asset. They understand how a business is run, what needs to get done, and they fly everyday. Not like the new hires at other companies that push brooms for two years. When my contract was over and the fall layoff came (Gee, I bet the real companies don't lay anyone off in the fall, do they) I went right to another contract for the next summer. But the boys have been in touch with me, and guess what? They're happy and have jobs for the next season. How about your low timers? This had better be the LAST slag of this company on this forum, because I will not hesitate to retaliate in the most satisfying manner.

Surely there are far more Canadians with work-permits to work elsewhere, than for foreigners to work in Canda?

Hopefully the countries they are working in don't take the same stand, or their will be even less jobs open in Canada if they all returned home at once. I'm thinking about NAFTA, Offshore, etc.

Maxtorqe - I don't know you, and I don't care if I do. Shut The Phuk Up. You can keep your slanderous sh*t to yourself. I am a high time pilot, so I speak from experience. For a break one summer, I did a contract with those guys. I spent five months there doing all the stuff you don't see in their tour business, Parks, Forestry, Medi-Vacs, Oil and Gas. And I had fun flying the tours as well, because I met some very interesting people as passengers and customers. And guess what, a-hole-I had a great time. Great facilities, new guys who no one else would give a first chance to, and they were a pleasure to be around. By the way, when were you there to give your personal take on things? Does the company you own/work for give ten new guys their first break? Are they paid? Yes, they are paid for what they are worth at 100 hrs, but I never heard them complain about it, too busy being happy. The owner is running a business, and it's very successful. He kept 4 pilots on for the winter this year, the ones that have built up over the last two years about 450-500 hrs. And guess what, you tool, their pay went up as well. La de da. The guys coming out of there will be a genuine asset. They understand how a business is run, what needs to get done, and they fly everyday. Not like the new hires at other companies that push brooms for two years. When my contract was over and the fall layoff came (Gee, I bet the real companies don't lay anyone off in the fall, do they) I went right to another contract for the next summer. But the boys have been in touch with me, and guess what? They're happy and have jobs for the next season. How about your low timers? This had better be the LAST slag of this company on this forum, because I will not hesitate to retaliate in the most satisfying manner.

This is why the forums are so entertaining. I guess my first impressions were a little differnt then yours, and hey thats what makes opinions and places like this work. anyways lets get back on topic here.

P.S i forgot to mention those pictures turned out well. :bye:

Surely there are far more Canadians with work-permits to work elsewhere, than for foreigners to work in Canda?

Hopefully the countries they are working in don't take the same stand, or their will be even less jobs open in Canada if they all returned home at once. I'm thinking about NAFTA, Offshore, etc.

Nope! Shes the other way around. There are very few Canadian Pilots flying Aussi machines.

There are 198 approved Aussi + kiwi permits active right now.

So there you have it. There are many skilled Canadians out of work, when will it stop.

Thanks

HF