Work Permit Freeze

"Given tough economic times! There will be no further work permits for such a specialized industry"

Happyfeet, so are you now the voice of Service Canada? I think not! By the way most operator's have blank open work permits for future considerations, which are valid for three years!

What do think that I will hire some IFR person working oversea's to cover an operational flight position here in Canada? Think again! Honestly, you sound like a sh*tdisturber! Why did you leave Canada in the first place?

I will alway try to hire qualified locals first! But the past few years this has proven very difficult. The facts are the facts, a 100 hr pilot does not have the skills to replace a pilot with 1000 hrs!!

As for foreigners here? Ummm check out the pay elsewhere, most of them state that wages 'back home' are very poor, so if you decide to work 'over there' be warned!

By the way, the company I work for has three low time drivers right now, we sometimes struggle to find work for them but we get through it!

From most of this discussion on this thread it seems that we have some Armchair Quarterbacks trying to change national policy, oh....Good Luck !

I see some local operator's advertising on aeroads for employment, try giving them a call. HighLevel, Alberta would be a wonderful place for you to start back in Canada Happyfeet! PS remember the bugspray!

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Given tough economic times! There will be no further work permits for such a specialized industry"

Happyfeet, so are you now the voice of Service Canada? I think not! By the way most operator's have blank open work permits for future considerations, which are valid for three years!

What do think that I will hire some IFR person working oversea's to cover an operational flight position here in Canada? Think again! Honestly, you sound like a sh*tdisturber! Why did you leave Canada in the first place?

I will alway try to hire qualified locals first! But the past few years this has proven very difficult. The facts are the facts, a 100 hr pilot does not have the skills to replace a pilot with 1000 hrs!!

As for foreigners here? Ummm check out the pay elsewhere, most of them state that wages 'back home' are very poor, so if you decide to work 'over there' be warned!

By the way, the company I work for has three low time drivers right now, we sometimes struggle to find work for them but we get through it!

From most of this discussion on this thread it seems that we have some Armchair Quarterbacks trying to change national policy, oh....Good Luck !

I see some local operator's advertising on aeroads for employment, try giving them a call. HighLevel, Alberta would be a wonderful place for you to start back in Canada Happyfeet! PS remember the bugspray!

OK Trex

:rolleyes:

What a mess..........and it doesn't look like it's gonna get any better !

The very nature of this business seems to attract a disproportionate number of self minded, short sighted people who have no idea how much they are damaging their own future.

Any attempt to bring them together within an association to improve the industry for everyone is futile.

It's like trying to herd cats.

It's the nature of the beast and why an aweful lot of good smart people figure out early on that they should make a career change....and do!

And this is what we are left with......

....the same old, same old....and it isn't likely to change.