Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Work Permit Freeze

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes we do have problem with the truth sometimes in this industry. The bottom line is that if the employer wants to hire a foriegner ( for what ever reason) he will. There could have been a Canadian there but he may as well be invisible.

The employer has to play by the rules when he hires a Canadian, if he hires a Aussi or Kiwi and the guy cant work anywhere else due to permit restrictions. management can have at'er.

This is the issue.

Why are you targeting Aussie and Kiwi, there are plenty of others working in Canada...Must hurt being away for a few years and not being able to work in your own country :-)

Maybe you just don't have the skill required to get a decent job or personality?

I have no problems working in 3 different countries is if I so wish, and there is always the constant offer of work.....

OB

Priceless happyfeet was not the content of your petition we've been hearing about but the appearance of it without a single name present. Not even yours! I see now you've remedied that, albeit with an anonymous one.

What I find interesting is of the dozen or so Canadian pilots working in Canada I still keep in touch with not one is without a job! Coincidentally they were all hard working loyal pilots with professional attitudes. I wonder if the same can be said about many of those experienced pilots (Canadian or otherwise) who now find themselves out of work? Instead of looking for a scapegoat in foreign pilots taking their jobs I'd hesitate to guess that a good number of those would be better off finding an answer by taking a long hard look in the mirror!!!!

Happydays.....you bet

Well Well Well

Nine (9) people have signed the petition in a little more than an hour its been there. I would say that's really strange :rolleyes: given that there are NO skilled Canadians that can fill these jobs. Just goes to show what a crock of crap many honest hard working Canadians have to put up with.

I am going to make this my friken mission to put an end to this scourge of lies, and violations of the Canadian Immigtaion laws. Count on it!. Enough is enough! The more signatures of guys I see who are unemployed boils my blood even more.

To those managers who over look Canadian and Canadian families. Go and screw your self.!You suck! :down:

Once again the address for the petition is , the more better boys.. and girls.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/helicopter1

Dude you are so lame! " go take a look in the mirror". :rolleyes: If ya don't like just go home. Simple! It's my country ***$ole! Too bad for you.

Better yet why don't you PM me and I can give you the name of buddy of mine that just got layed off and a Kiwi ( young guy with almost no responsibility kept his job). He also has a son who is autistic and has to be kept institutionalized at a substancial cost over what the government provides. Why don't you call him and his wife and explain how lame he is or that his skills just are not there, and while you are at it tell them to take a look in the mirror as well.

You are trying my patience, jackass!

Hey Happyfeet,you must be really short in height ;-)

Short in a number of areas!

If you read my post happy you may notice that I said a 'good number' not 'all' experienced pilots without jobs could use a look in the mirror. Subtle difference to what you're trying to portray. Merely commenting on a percentage of the workforce that an employer may wish to overlook (irrespective of nationality) for reasons you are displaying beautifully.

P.S. I am home happy. Apparently you're the one who isn't, take a look outside!

Happydays.....you bet!