Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Work Permit Freeze

You will find that those instructions from Bristow Australia were actually a directive from the Bristow/Air Log Group so before you continue to attack Kiwis and Aussies just remember that Bristow/Air Log is a UNITED STATES based company so blame your friends south of the border for that one.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You will find that those instructions from Bristow Australia were actually a directive from the Bristow/Air Log Group so before you continue to attack Kiwis and Aussies just remember that Bristow/Air Log is a UNITED STATES based company so blame your friends south of the border for that one.

True, better go get a green card, wonder how hard it is to get one of those for a Canadain? :rolleyes:

Just for kicks I applied to all Australian companies. Will post reply letters a they arrive in.

This should be interesting! STBY!

Guest SidewallPuncture

I'm just wondering at this point if it's just co-incidence, or one big trolling attempt with all these HappySomebody users....

Its almost like a multiple personality disorder

Kyle....care to shed some light?

Yea, not sure what the thing is with all these 'happy' people :)

I have my suspicsions as well there Angry.

Happyfeet, please stop invoking responses from others if you are only going to personally insult them when they reply. If this is all we are doing in this thread then it may as well be shut down.

Personally, I do think the horse is way past dead now.

Hey guys....

what about those who DON'T have a working visa, but because they have a commercial licence, it's legal for them to fly commercially and for FREE!!!! why nobody is fighting about that too???

I'm French Canadian but been working out west for many years. I'm now based on an island in the pacific. It was a real problem in Quebec few years back is it still the same? What about the rest of Canada is it happening out west too?

I do agree on the fact that we should slow down on the visa until the industry come back from that down turn, but also, Transport Canada shouldn't be giving the privilege of a commercial licence to those that can't work here....it should state on it " for non revenue only" or something like that.

Anyway just my 2 cents.

Fred

Thanks for clearing that up Ned. You'll find happy that Bristow Australia have around 20 or 30 Kiwis and Poms plus a handful of other nationalities working for them.

You really are clutching at straws now aren't you! Like getting a whole bunch of rejections from companies in Australia is going to prove something. We are talking about 'seasonal work' in Canada that in years gone by has required a varying number of 'experienced' foreign pilots to fill a gap. Sorry, but any number of 'inexperienced' 150hr Canadian pilots aren't going to help when the mins to work in the patch for example are 1000+hrs. Demand & supply! It's not too hard to understand is it?

Happydays.....you bet!

I just wanted to straighten one thing out that I left out .I have already done enough to move this forward.

There are some really good companies that do go out of their way to hire young Canadains and bring them up the ladder. There is one in High level, and one in southern Alberta and one in particular in Ontario. I won't name names but they know who they are. To the others that go out of thier way to pass up Canadians (SHAME). I would caution you to play by the rules because you are now being watched very carefully. It won't go away and the efffort will be intensified in the weeks and months to come.

I sincerely hope that other operators that think they can violate these rules pay attention to those companies that set an example.

Over and out!

HF

Wow! You really think that you single handedly tackled this problem and fixed it the way you wanted! Your 1.5 hour phone meeting, while you are in the UAE (like the others said, I'm sure you didnt share that info) fixed all your problems with work permits in the industry. Yes, I'm sure they are acting on it right away. They are right now, as we speak reviewing their system, which they put in place and screen companies with, and make sure that the companies have to pay the foreign pilots a high wage, is in fact all wrong. They are now watching companies very carefully??? Next they will issue a statement saying sorry, we messed up and did everything wrong. You did it! Operators are now quaking in their boots! The wrath of the evil operator is over! You are too funny man.

In all honesty, I work all around the world and keep a very open opinion on things, and take the good with the bad. You work internationally, representing Canadians in other countries, doing the same thing that foreign pilots are trying to do in Canada. Gain experience, make a living, pay their bills. Most of the time so that they can have enough experience to go home and work there. You said it yourself, it's what you have been doing in the UAE for the last 2 years!

I have been here for 2 years, but they are trusting foriengers less and less. Its a sign of the times. As for treatment, well lets just say go give it a go. Westerners generaly are just one step up above east indians and asians. Very rare that the locals even give you the time of day, there are exceptions and I have made a few friends. They expect that we come for short time then go home.

HF

I dont know of any foreign pilots in Canada, that avoid paying taxes and take lower wages to screw anyone. If you act in real life like you do on these boards then its a real shame. Seems like you are on a path to set things in Canada the way that you feel they are becoming in the UAE.

By the way posting letters from companies like Bristow is really doing nothing for you. You think some of the guys are acting like teenagers, but that is definitely bringing it down to childrens level. I look forward to your replies from the Aussie companies - am sure you will set things straight with them as well. While you're at it, why not start applying for jobs in Europe, Africa and Asia. I have a list of Bristow managers in Africa and Europe you can write to, so then you can say how unfair the world is.

Yea, not sure what the thing is with all these 'happy' people :)

I have my suspicsions as well there Angry.

Happyfeet, please stop invoking responses from others if you are only going to personally insult them when they reply. If this is all we are doing in this thread then it may as well be shut down.

Personally, I do think the horse is way past dead now.

Apologies for the additional 'happy' fellas.

Mine was merely a mock response to the challenged posts of Happyfeet and Happyguy. Seemed just alittle ironic to me that a couple of so called 'happy' members could be so bitter and twisted.

If Happyguy gets back on telling us he's just had a conference call with the Prime Minister then any suspicion will be put to rest! Followed closely by the thread!!!!

Happydays.....you bet!