Sign in to follow this  
Happyguy

Work Permit Freeze

post-3781-1231815331_thumb.jpgHa! Loved the vid. I worked with a NZ fellow this year, he brought his family over and spent the summer here. I liked him and consider him a good friend now, and work with him again without hesitation. I could not think of any reason not to like him, and would never considered him an outsider.

Get over it Guys, Foget about Australians bitching and come and work in Oz as I moved from NZ and they are still bitching, now have business here. When the work comes right in Canada I will be up there if I can to do a season, then at the end get my kids up there and tour around for six weeks with them and invest all the money earned back into your economy

Anyway as Oldbull said there are 3 red and white Canadian 212s down here with a five year contract while local machines are doing nothing so if you come and take these home you can then carry on complaining. I do however agree that no matter where in the world we are we all need to help low hr pilots get that leg up and there first 1000 hrs or offer them advise and keep focus as we have all been there .

Why would a low-time pilot have the right to a job (either in Canada or anywhere else) Just because someone decided they wanted to be a pilot, found the money and got a license in 6 months. It seems the pressumption everyone with a pilots license is a good and employable pilot! And there are plenty of guys even with more hours, that should never have been a pilot in the first place.

Wow, if a Canadian citizen getting a job in Canada before a non Canadian citizen is too much for you knuckleheads to grasp then I'll type slower for you. I also agree that Wild Cats machines should not be in Oz if the local machines are on the ground, But are the pilots Australian or Canadian?

How many Canadian Pilots are flying Ausie machines thats the question I would like to have answered.Its one thing to have a contract for Aircraft and crewing them, it is another to hire other pilots to fly the local Aircraft.

Wildcat's machines in Oz are there because of a need that the local operators cannot provide. No different that Erickson, Coulson or Carson (of past seasons). There are not a lot of medium (utility) or heavy helicopters in country, if there were they would be servicing the Nations fire needs instead. I know that Wildcat and Erickson both run mixed crews which they use on both ends.

I had the oppournity to work alongside a "Kiwi" this year in Canada. I learned a few things from him I am a 12,000 hr. pilot.

"what limit mate" or "oh mate back home we dont worry about those gauges" or .....

yeah i think i learned a few things too :blink:

Why would a low-time pilot have the right to a job

Because it is his country, idiot !

Do you have any idea how generous our "work permit" laws are here compared to, oh, let me think, ....AUSTRALIA?

This is Canada and Canadians should have first kick of the cat.

And don't even start with the "there aren't enough Canadians to fill the jobs" BULL !!

And to hear an Australian lecturing on how to open our doors to ex-pats is laughable.

I ran a business and lived in Australia for 10 years (not aviation related) and I have never met a more "nationalistic" bunch of people "paranoid" about the "negative" affect immigration has had on their quality of life.

May sound like a generalization, but it is a very real and widely held sentiment there.

So don't tell us how we need to open our doors and welcome with open arms those who would take our jobs on a temporary/contract basis then leave.

You want to work here......then immigrate !

But I'll bet you and your Canadian girl friend end up in Sydney or maybe Cairns....betcha!

You want to work here......then immigrate !

I planned to stay out of this discussion but when this statement came I just had to say something.

Happyguy, try to immigrate to Canada. You might change your opinion.

Somebody said earlier that its the "lazy" once that complain and I think I will agree on that. The quiet ones that work hard and pay there dues will always have work.

This and many other industries are in hardship now so we need to think of how can we survive and make it a better world. Why dont we attack the bailout of the auto industry which has less benefit for the Canadian economy then forestry?

Lest rather jump on the politicians that gets fat on the hard working men and woman of this country.