Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Work Permit Freeze

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because it is his country, idiot !

Do you have any idea how generous our "work permit" laws are here compared to, oh, let me think, ....AUSTRALIA?

This is Canada and Canadians should have first kick of the cat.

And don't even start with the "there aren't enough Canadians to fill the jobs" BULL !!

So just because he's Canadian, he makes a better pilot? There are good and not so good pilots, regardless of nationality. In South Africa they have a law for this, they have to employ a black South African even if not suitable for the job. See where that country has ended up.

(Un)Happyguy

Thought you would like to know but Old Bull is a landed immigrant in this country, as I am. I have found that getting a job here and keeping it takes; hard work, getting on with the job in some sh1tty conditions and making sure that the job you do is done to the best of your ability. Some times you have to work with people you don't get on with or feel should not be doing the job, but it better to get on with the job and be professional then become known as a whinner.

I have yet to be told to "Go Home Foreigner" by anyone I have worked with or met anyone who has a problem with me being here working. As for immigrating here, as ToTall said you try. My brother has been told it will be over 4 years to go through the process.

WN

Why bring in Ex Pats to mentor and train our up and coming pilots?Wouldnt it be better and cheaper if we trained and mentor them with our Canadian pilots?

I totally agree with you. I was only staing if they are going to be ex-pats here, then we should take advantage of them.

Hey Max

you don't even live in Canada anymore, so easy on the comments.

So just because he's Canadian, he makes a better pilot? There are good and not so good pilots, regardless of nationality. In South Africa they have a law for this, they have to employ a black South African even if not suitable for the job. See where that country has ended up.

It's called affirmative action and we have had it in North America for years and that has nothing to do with those who are just "pass'n thru" derailing any job opportunity correctly due to Canadian boys FIRST....whether they are perfect at it or not.

Holy *hit....if we should allow anyone to come and work here, unfettered, how about a few more doctors.

We sure don't NEED helicopters pilots....

Happyguy, where do you get all this anger from?

Why not make the best of the situation then bitching and and complaining?

Have you lost a job to some one not from Canada? How many hours did this person have compared to you?

I would love to hire you to be my angry man in Ottawa to change some of the law making but then again you are Canadian :-)

Have you lost a job to some one not from Canada? How many hours did this person have compared to you?

:-)

No, I'm just a Canadian, living and working in Canada with the hope that other Canadians can do the same without fear their jobs will be outsourced to overseas competition.

How can you find fault with that??

Unhappyguy if you can fly as good as you ***** and complain you would be a great pilot, I worked beside some of your Canadian pilots here in OZ last year and they great guys and after all we all work in the helo community. Dont start bitching about other pilots just because times have got tough get out there and put that effort into getting a job if your out of work,Good enough for outsiders to come and help all your operators to make money when times are good.So much for a industry sticking together when things get tough. Good luck to all the guys out there looking for work and best of luck.

QUOTE (PapaVictor @ Jan 13 2009, 05:54 AM) *

Why would a low-time pilot have the right to a job

Because it is his country, idiot !

And there in lies a lot of the problem.

No one has a "Right" to a job just because he has a piece of paper in his pocket, and is a citizen of the (insert appropriate country here).

If he/she can earn the position, (see previous threads - work habits, value, etc.) then get at it and do a good job.

NO ONE OWES YOU ANYTHING!

And if some flight school told you they did, then you are going to get screwed, again...