Low Time Pilots Out There

ground work has its places for sure...getting comfortable around the machine(s)...asking questions...fixing ops gear...learning the companies biz..etc....had a few bumps along the road but take what you've learned and put it towards the next opporuntity...worked for me and only getting better...under a year in and good chance of ppc comming around the corner...best of luck for anyone out there and keep in mind there are very few places that treat you well, pay decent, dont expect 16 hour days and still can get you going...

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey, well, guys I'm a low-time fella and I managed to get about 30 hours since getting my license last May. The company I'm with kept me on through the winter, which is awesome.. Although it looks like this coming season will be really slow for us low-timers. At least I am in the door and will be here once things pick up - I can't wait.

Flying is so much fun - I don't know how some people can just shrug it off, like "meh, yeah im a helicopter pilot"... At this point I don't see how any career would be more rewarding. ;)

Best of luck to all the other low-timers out there. There are definitely a lot of talented people with much better flying and people skills than me who should be in my position right now - I hope this year is good for you too.

sji

Hey, well, guys I'm a low-time fella and I managed to get about 30 hours since getting my license last May. The company I'm with kept me on through the winter, which is awesome.. Although it looks like this coming season will be really slow for us low-timers. At least I am in the door and will be here once things pick up - I can't wait.

Flying is so much fun - I don't know how some people can just shrug it off, like "meh, yeah im a helicopter pilot"... At this point I don't see how any career would be more rewarding. ;)

Best of luck to all the other low-timers out there. There are definitely a lot of talented people with much better flying and people skills than me who should be in my position right now - I hope this year is good for you too.

sji

Skyjive you are probably still employed because you seem to have a good attitude. Most companies will use the winter to clean house. As far as flying ability you don' have to be the best. If you have a good head on your shoulders work hard, listen and learn, and have a good attitude with customers you will go a long way. Good luck and fly safe.

are there any particularily dusty hangers out there at the moment? i just did my little tour of vancouver island, and got the expected response ("new pilot? im so sorry man. Dont get dicouraged"), now im heading east for the oil powered companies, hope they havent been hit as hard as forestry reliant operators. any suggestions? (i have a plan, but any advice is always appreciated).

Thanks!