Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

R44 Time A Boost To A Resume?

eeteel

Hello all.In your experience,is r44 time any help on a resume for low hour pilots?

Only coming from my opinion, a suggest you do most of your time on the most affordable machine(300cbi or r22) then keep yourself a good 10 hrs to convert on a turbine.

most of they operators don't run r44 and if they, you will represent a low cost for them to convert you. remember, when your course is finished, and if you find a job, you will probably not fly at all till the year after, so the only thing that count for ya is to get the license, not the rating.

good luck

A lot of operators use them in the oil and gas industry. I don't really know why you would leave any experience off a resume...

I am finishing up my commercial now.I will have a feww extra dollars left and am thinking of some r44 time.I wont have enough for much turbine time.

Guest Angry Egg Driver

There are lots of operators that use R44's in the west.My first job flying was in one so i would say if you an afford it definately go for it.It wont hurt and its better than just having the R22 on your license.