Sticking It To The Man.

InspectorGadget

AMT's are not the same as AME's.

Here's the difference. An Aircraft Maintenance Technician generally works under the supervision of an AME, or someone who can certify the maintenance on an aeronautical product.

CAMC is an organization to promote unlicenced aircraft trades people

and is not in the business of promoting AME's.

I read it like this. If you are an unlicenced aircraft trades person, you should be eligible for the deduction. I have never found anywhere that lists an AME as a trades person. CCRA or otherwise.

I guess if you are an AME, and you wish to claim a certain amount for tools, go ahead. Just be prepared to have CCRA kick it back.

RTR

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess if you are an AME, and you wish to claim a certain amount for tools, go ahead. Just be prepared to have CCRA kick it back.

I have claimed it, submitted reciepts, and had no issues. It was accepted by CCRA.

It's ridiculous that we have so many problems as AME's come tax time. If they would just list us under skilled trades along with the hairdressers and horse bridle makers we'd be alright. But according to the government the aforementioned have much more skill than us. I mean, we all know we can just pull over on a cloud if we mess up, doesn't take any skill at all to keep a helicopter running well...yet another reason why HEPAC is a waste of time and membership. If they would attempt to get this changed maybe I would support them. Maybe if they cooperated with a few AME associations something could be done? Ah, screw it, I'm going to beauty college to find some respect.

Tried phoning repedetly but always busy tone.......not even an answering machine!

anyways faxed in a "registration form"

I call being an AME apprentice working as an "unlicensed" technition. Once you are licensed, the tax credit is over.

as far as I am concerned, myself and my employer are "registered" and I have filed the tax credit IAW the appropriate tax form.

I will let you know if the cheque comes in the mail.

Tried phoning repedetly but always busy tone.......not even an answering machine!

anyways faxed in a "registration form"

I call being an AME apprentice working as an "unlicensed" technition. Once you are licensed, the tax credit is over.

as far as I am concerned, myself and my employer are "registered" and I have filed the tax credit IAW the appropriate tax form.

I will let you know if the cheque comes in the mail.

Did you filled out the form? T1 1014 and your boss T1 1014-1?

Should I do that too you think or is it necissary?

• 2 weeks later...
Did you filled out the form? T1 1014 and your boss T1 1014-1?

Should I do that too you think or is it necessary?

It was an ITA (Industry training authority of bc) registration form.

I have the tax form for myself filled out at home, but I filed online so no need to send it in.

I gave my employer a copy of the appropriate tax form do they can claim the training credit on their end too.

UPDATE: I got the full refund check in the mail. So everything checked out on CRAs end...for now!

Any body know anything about type training and taxes? About 10 years ago I did a couple of Bell courses and did my A&P in same tax year. Tax man kicked it back when I claimed it. After a couple years of arguing back and forth. They said it wasn't on their approved list. The issue was finally resolved, I printed everything from the act right down to the standard. That is to say I traced why I needed these courses to do my job from the Queen on down to the list of approved courses from the TC web sight. I highlighted the relevant areas and submitted it. They accepted the type training but I had to eat the A&P. I had changed employers and it would have been to wierd to get a letter stating how I required the training. I mention this story in case any like minded apprentices are thinking of doing some of there own training.

• 1 month later...

So I have hit a brick wall. I called ITA and they say its "under review" and I am out of luck. And BC Income says that ITA is the boss as far as that goes so I am doubly out of luck.

Now what? So frusterating dealing with this bull. I know for a fact that I have friends who claimed it with no problems. This is $2500 I am trying to get. Big coin for a guy who just got his license. Any ideas?

Fax in the ITA form!

I did, and got an "apprentice package" from them.

Yes it is under review, but I am still registered. The CRA tax worksheet form specifically mentions "aircraft maintenance technician" as an acceptable trade along with how to calculate your hours.

I got my refund for 2008, and I re submitted my 2007 taxes. According to the CRA's own reassessment of both my 2007 and 2008 taxes (they even reassessed my 2006!) I am entitled to the credit.

So that's the latest. :rolleyes: