Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Discovery Air Rescued

Bar C

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, what happens now when government money is used to bailout a company, so that said company can now bid on government work, against those who don't have the same advantage of bailout money, in order to ensure their own operations and survival????

'Cause it will happen....

If you are going to give one company that kind of money should they not take care of all the other companies that they compete with

Not always, It depends if they banker owns personal shares in the company or not, and how dark the room can be made so as to blur the fine print substatially.

So, what happens now when government money is used to bailout a company, so that said company can now bid on government work, against those who don't have the same advantage of bailout money, in order to ensure their own operations and survival????

'Cause it will happen....

That was going to be my question.

This is why I don't agree with the bailout mania lately. I'm no die-hard capitalist, but fair competition is a sound ideal, and sometimes the weak have to fail in order to strengthen the gene pool. Bailouts allow weak/bad business models to survive, and extend the pain for all.

Bailouts allow weak/bad business models to survive, and extend the pain for all.

soooo... the big 3 auto makers and DA are week and bad business models, I can agree, DA has made some shite decisions and poor business practices. Although its hard to call out GSHL and Air Tindi before the DA time as being week.

maybe the govt sees the potential in these once and somewhat now thriving business.

all things considered I thought DA was a crap shoot from the beginning but I sill like my paycheck.

Let them go titters and another operator will pop up.I am thinking that being well conected will carry them through.If some of these companies that are just getting by were left to go broke they would down size and reorganize. Maybe these large companies are too top heavy.Fire some of the managers might help? Would smaller operations be more able to cope with economic situation that we are in.

These are all good companies and loss of any of them would be tragic. But I must say I cannot support the Government borrowing them money. It just is not fair they would get involved in this. There are many banks in Canada that are in the business to do just that. So why are they in the loan business its not like the GNWT has money that they cannot use.

I can’t say I ever agreed with their business philosophy. Buying companies with synergies and in Niche markets. Maybe someone can explain to me the synergies between Great slave heli, Air Tindi, Flying aces, etc. As for Niche Market other then flying aces maybe someone can also explain what these companies are doing that no one else can do. I might be wrong but I believe niche means something no one else is or can do