Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Discovery Air Rescued

Bar C

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lucky37

Post subject: Re: Discovery AirPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:39 pm

Rank 4

AboveTheRuin wrote:

Normally I just sit back and laugh at the stupidity of the majority posts that plague avcanada threads, but you gentlemen have taken it to a new level. You may want to educate yourselves before publicly posting such blatant ignorance to the reality behind what has gone on with DA. I guess everyone is to there own...If you wish to continue to publicly make an *** of yourself, and illustrate your complete ignorance to the topic you have chosen to write about, please continue

Please clarify such posts if you have information as to "the reality behind what has gone on with DA". Many people are interested to hear the true story. No sense calling people ignorant and not backing it up; doesn't give you any more credibility.

The underlined above was written in another forum by lucky 37 about what TheRuin wrote on this topic. I do find it interesting.

Sidewall, my bad.... comment was not meant for you but helicopterjim...should have quoted him...I took Happy Feet's statement to mean that none of us will benefit if a large company like GSHL dissapears and we can hopefully get through all this turmoil with our homes and familes intact..doing the job we have chosen to do!

DT3

HeliJim,

I see that Textron may have to sell off Bell- maybe the govt. will bail them out too- at least our tax dollars would go to good use then!

Fly Smart, Fly Bell

Still thirsty,

B.M.

I have an idea. Why dont we all pool our resources and then together we can buy Bell - Bell Distilleries that is, although the real name is the Blair Athol Distillery. The distillery produces a 12 Year Old Single Malt Whisky, with a mellow deep-toned aroma, a strong fruity flavour and a smooth finish. It also contributes to Bell's Blend, UK's most popular blended whisky.

All in favour put a glass on the table!

Cheers

Jim

I have an idea. Why dont we all pool our resources and then together we can buy Bell - Bell Distilleries that is, although the real name is the Blair Athol Distillery. The distillery produces a 12 Year Old Single Malt Whisky, with a mellow deep-toned aroma, a strong fruity flavour and a smooth finish. It also contributes to Bell's Blend, UK's most popular blended whisky.

All in favour put a glass on the table!

Cheers

Jim

HeliJim,

Not a bad idea- our family was in the booze business before we switched to helicopters (1960's)- maybe we made a mistake switching over!! Got a couple of 21 year old Balvenie- port wood- expensive but smooth- found them in Lethbridge. only problem is wife drinks it too fast. May have to switch back to Johnny Walker Red Label the way bookings are looking for next summer

Sidewall- Bad attitude for a young fellow, you should go and get a job.