Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Discovery Air Rescued

Bar C

Once again Blackmac your ignorance on this subject is astounding...and dare I say it Racist??? Hiring GSHL and Tindi is not really a question of affordability for most exploration companies (usually GSHL and Tindi are more expensive than the competition) it is the service they offer and their superior knowledge of working north of 60.....And no Don I did not come up here for the Northern subsidy, I have been here all my life...as for your tax dollars please place them where I suggested your head was in the previous post.

Thanks

DT3

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...as for your tax dollars please place them where I suggested your head was in the previous post.

I am afraid that none of us Canadian citizens has any say in where our tax dollars go. However I do know that the majority of any territorial funding comes from federal dollars, ie Canadian citizen dollars.

May I presume from your other statements that Great Slave are the only operators in the north or are they merely the only operators whose services and superior knowledge of working north of 60 make them worth hiring. I wouldn't want to offend any of the other operators by presuming that they may have any skills or superior knowledge.

Cheers

Jim

Once again Blackmac your ignorance on this subject is astounding...and dare I say it Racist??? Hiring GSHL and Tindi is not really a question of affordability for most exploration companies (usually GSHL and Tindi are more expensive than the competition) it is the service they offer and their superior knowledge of working north of 60.....And no Don I did not come up here for the Northern subsidy, I have been here all my life...as for your tax dollars please place them where I suggested your head was in the previous post.

Thanks

DT3

Helicopterjim you are right. There are many operators in the north just as good as these guys.

If these guys don't need any help from anyone maybe you can explain why they have partnered with every native and inuit band that will have them. Oh right it has nothing to do with getting the job because of the name they are just better then everyone else. They only partner with these groups because they have so much money they like giving 10% away for the name.

Who needs to partner they are northern operators ????

1 question if these guys are more expensive then everyone else why are they looking for $34,000,000.00. I would think they would be sitting back fat and happy going look at all them fouls that can't make it on their own.

It would sure be nice to keep this post on track rather then it turning into a pis---- contest. There is nothing wrong with voicing ones opinion last time i looked we still had the right to free speech.

Who needs to partner they are northern operators ????

No company can work in an area with a land claim without a partnership, not Canadian, not Borek, not even all mighty GSHL ;)

so the partnerships do have purpose they are not just there so the operators look good and can benefit from federal dollars. if anything the partnerships are more of a pain in the arse then a benefit of working in the north.

No company can work in an area with a land claim without a partnership, not Canadian, not Borek, not even all mighty GSHL ;)

so the partnerships do have purpose they are not just there so the operators look good and can benefit from federal dollars. if anything the partnerships are more of a pain in the arse then a benefit of working in the north.

That is B----- i have been working in the North for years. Not all companies working in Land Claims areas have partners. Just the ones that get greedy. Who do you think motivates these aboriginal/ inuit groups to scream YOUR NOT USING OUR COMPANY when them high prices everyone talks about kick in. Like they own any major part of it RIGHT. If you read the IBA's, GNWT BIP policy or land claim agreements for work. These people are to own 51% of the company to receive the benefit of being northern aboriginal/inuit company. If they really do own 51% someone better tell the TSX authority because that sure hasn't been reported any were.

The real truth is many companies use this as a shell game to force people into hiring their company.

YES DA is a public company i own shares to i want my name on the O/C as well.

Which Northern Companies working in land claim areas don't have partners? Yukon Operators maybe?? And do you really think because you have shares in DA.A your name should be on the OC. All of GSHL's and any other companies partnerships operating in the NWT are 51% or more aboriginal ownership, and in many cases they own A/C also not just the name and OC..DA.A does report this ownership as Minor operating interests...cmon guy do your homework and engage your brain before typing!

Which Northern Companies working in land claim areas don't have partners? Yukon Operators maybe?? And do you really think because you have shares in DA.A your name should be on the OC. All of GSHL's and any other companies partnerships operating in the NWT are 51% or more aboriginal ownership, and in many cases they own A/C also not just the name and OC..DA.A does report this ownership as Minor operating interests...cmon guy do your homework and engage your brain before typing!

Well lets just talk about the operators in Yellowknife.

Adlair

Summit

Arctic Sunwest

I am not sure about Buffalo as there maybe some native blood in Joe i don't know him that well.

None of these guys have any aboriginal/Inuit partners or ownership. So maybe you can explain how they operate in the North and work in land claim areas.

Seeing you like to give people advise here is some for you. Deep Throat you are taking on to many large knobs or you need to quit swallowing it is clouding your brain.

Again you type without any facts...as I am busy today I will just do one example for you, Adlair Aviation.... Who's name appears on the side of the Lear 25? The Lyall family have been instrumental in Adlair's success within the region and a partnership was created to purchase the Lear many, many years ago....Adlair is a Great Company and I have had the pleasure of meeting both Willy(rip) and Paul.

DT3

Well lets just talk about the operators in Yellowknife.

Adlair

Summit

Arctic Sunwest

I am not sure about Buffalo as there maybe some native blood in Joe i don't know him that well.

None of these guys have any aboriginal/Inuit partners or ownership. So maybe you can explain how they operate in the North and work in land claim areas.

Seeing you like to give people advise here is some for you. Deep Throat you are taking on to many large knobs or you need to quit swallowing it is clouding your brain.

I also believe that ASC has a partnership with a Lutsel K'e band providing charter services. I'm not sure if this is a financial agreement though.

That could be but Paul always claimed that they own the jet and the Lyall name was only on the side as a tribute to ernie.

As for Arctic Sunwest there is no partner ship with the lutsel Ke' band. They use to fly there for east arm air. East arm air was a Lutsel Ke' wholly owned company and they used ASC only and got a special rate by doing so. I think if you look deeper there is no partner ship here and no percentage paid to any aboriginal group. Just because you fly some were does not mean you are a partner.