V-22 Visit

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet action or what eh...

Glad to see you guys hooked up. So when is CHC placing an order? I figure it would make short work of those trips out to the rigs.

We saw it takes off one day at Shearwater and do a 180 turn out to sea as he converted to aeroplane mode.......man alive by the time he left the confines of the airfield to the south that baby was doing 250 knots easy....schwing!

I have seen some take-off video of the XV-15. So far I haven't seen any of the Osprey and will likely have to depend on someone working at the base to get that as I had to be supervised by the test pilot.

Here's another shot of the instrument panel. Amazingly easy to navigate through all of the functions once we were shown how. Makes our old 61 cockpit really look "steam driven".

RH

... Was wondering if any of you have a movie function on your digital cam??  I would love to see one of those aircraft in action...

Here is a link to some clips provided on the BellAgusta site. Tiltrotor, but not the Osprey...

http://www.bellagusta.com/html/aeroNet/pho...dex.html#1video

RH

Rotorhead

Thanks for the link, pretty impressive!! I was actually looking for civillian made videos of these wonderful aircraft. Something that hasn't been produced to sell the aircraft. Just to see how it really takes off and lands in a normal conidtions. I have seen the tiltrotor on the discovery channel but was still interested in seeing takeoff characteristics in less than ideal situations. And here is a good question, what are their requirements for flying VFR.

Might seem like a silly question, but can the V22 perform a pedal turn? do they offset the angles of one of the nacelles?

Don't know a lot about tilt rotors yet, Just curious how far its helicopter qualities really go.

tDawe