Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Pay Cuts

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard via the grape vine that there are certain operators out there that are implomenting 9% pay cuts across the board?????Has it really gotten that bad out there?????And what happens if the employees say f^% u :shock: :unsure: :down:

That's rough. Pretty hard to swallow but the guys affected might not have many options right now. Best wishes to all looking for work and those who are making do with less.

Hope Souray wins the hardest shot today as well. :punk:

How many members think the big three auto workers should take a pay cut in order to keep their jobs?

Hard question to answer. I want to think the auto workers should take a pay cut but on the other hand realize that if it were me I wouldn't want to have any part of it. The federal bailout money makes it a slightly different issue.

I have also seen a couple operators cutting costs and citing the economic crisis, and as for liking it or not, the employees are usually told where the door is. In my humble opinion, those that are treated poorly in tough times will return the favor. I would encourage companies that are making pay cuts on their employees salaries be transparent about it by opening up the books and proving these cuts are needed. A simple move like the truth can stave off a lot of bitterness and earn some loyalty when the tide turns.

If a company is running on a red ink budget then yes they should should let their employees know

I found out the hard way many years ago when I tried to check into a hotel only to be refused due to my companies outstanding debt.

They were so ticked off that I was not even allowed to pay cash.

How many members think the big three auto workers should take a pay cut in order to keep their jobs?

I don't believe we in our industry can be compared to the auto industry. They wouldn't know what happened to them if they had to leave there familes and live in a tent for 4 to 6 weeks. I believe a pay cut sucks.