Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Heli-logging On Tlc

weewa

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... and where is he now?

Where is he now you ask, well he is working a winter job building log homes and spending as much time as he can looking for that first break. if there is any one out there that needs a low time driver for the season this is the guy you want to hire, hard working, great attitude, and a great set of hands to go with it. I have given him 20 are so hours of operational training in the 206 and he is well on his way. if any one needs a low timer feel free to P.M me. vortex64

... and where is he now?

Right here Jim in Peace River LOL! Give the guy a break! I've been there, done that...and considering the job you do at the time (logger) and then trying to apply the same attitude to your flying interviews doesn't work ( I know) unless you meet the right guy. EVEN THOUGH those life, bush,survival, ad-hoc-johny-on-the-spot skills are already ingrained and don't have to be learned or taught

I havn't met the guy but if he's saved enough money logging and can still pee in a cup with a straight face he's probably worth a shot if somebody is looking. At least he ain't afraid of the cold, wet or mud so if you need somebody to move fuel while your thinking about it he would probably be the guy. But then I'm kinda soft on those logger type guys too B)

Ya,I can say the guy probably has what it takes,He is a lot like you you were at one time Zaz,hard working,do whatever it takes kinda guy.

Work like a dog all day,and put in lots of extra time making sure his equipment (and usually everyone else's)was ready for the am.

I can't imagine how hard it is to break into those first few hundred golden hours these days,and if this guy gets passed up,it will be the industries loss.

We could sure use a few less whiners around right about now.

Good luck R,this dogs pulling for ya! :D

Hey, I am glad to see that some of you caught the program Extreme Loggers on Discovery Channel. I am still looking for work in the aviation field and was wondering if any of you have any leads or advice on getting my first break? Feel free to P.M me or post any ideas.

Thanks

Ryan Anderson